cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

Error when attempting to submit report w/personal car mileage

cmakai_0-1728588956345.png

I've never seen this error before and there's no following the instruction (by going to the header) because there is no exception showing. I'm going to put in a ticket, but if anyone has seen this before let me know. .

cmakai_0-1728589059422.png

6 REPLIES 6
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @cmakai ,

Can you please try deleting existing expense report and delete existing personal car which is registered in your profile. Now register same car again and then try creating fresh new report.

Let's see if it works.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

I appreciate your help Pooja, but it doesn't work. 😔 I created a ticket and they are pushing it to the audit rule team, but we've not changed any audit rules and that's not "our" message. Stay tuned! 

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

@cmakai ,

Let me know the cause if this issue gets resolved.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks Pooja!! It was an audit rule issue!!! 😅

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

We lowered all of our exception levels, (from anything over 1 to a 1) not realizing there was a "mid-range" level that sent reports to the back office for processing.  Once I realized reports were not going back, I raised the level on that particular audit rule to a 99 thinking I'd lowered to a 1 on accident.  I didn't realize (per below) that it should've been a 52, so raising to 99 kept the report from moving forward - and the alert that popped up didn't make sense because there was no real audit rule exception - it's an audit rule that says if it's CASH, flag as this "XX" exception rule (so we can review all cash transactions in the back office). 

I am still trying to get information to explain how to differentiate the different actions for the exception level numbers. If we have the exception level set over 98 (as our setting shows below), the exception will not move forward until cleared. That makes sense.  I know the action for an exception level 1 (which I believe is just a warning flag),  but how do I know the difference between a 49, a 50, or a 51? I can't figure out where to see that in our settings and I can't find it in the documentation.

I will update this post when I find the answer!

cmakai_0-1728660371538.pngcmakai_1-1728660441704.png

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @cmakai ,

It is so simple to understand. Any except level between 1 to 98 are considered as warning message and exception level 99 will be considered as Hard stop msg.

With 1 to 98 exception level, user can submit expense reports.

With 99 exception level, user won't be able to submit expense reports until required correction are done in expense report. 

Different types of exception levels such as 51, 52 etc. are mainly used in case if you want to use that exception level in workflow to route expense report to a specific approver or to write skip conditions. 

Note that you can use any number between 1 to 98 to trigger warning message and use it in workflow if needed. Tht number could be any random number...like 10, 15, 27, 89 et. All will be considered as warning msg only. 

Simple 😌

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja