cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

Error message when importing a list of attendees into concur built using provided template

Hi Everyone, 

I am importing an Excel file of around 60 attendees, I need this to be able to submit a report. I believe I have configured the template correctly but not sure @(potentially that could be the problem). The data shows its been imported but the second row before completing the import stage shows a red error mark with the following error - ExpenseJS.Exception_INVALIDLISTITEM

All the people to import are external business guests. 

Here is a screen shot of the error 

sukhsran_0-1682010019204.png

Please help.  

5 Solutions
Solution
dlamont
Super User
Super User

Hi sukhsran,

Leave all headings (2 rows) on the tab and add your attendees on the rows below. 

Make sure all Attendee Types in the first column match a value from list from the tab "AtnTypeKey".  I would suggest copying and pasting the value(s) to the rows.  

Save the file to your computer as .xls don't convert to .xlsx.

Make sure all entries have a value in each column (5 columns).

This should work for you.

DLamont

View solution in original post

Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

OK - Great, Going to try this out now and thanks for showing what a succesful xls upload. Do I need to delete all other tabs from the excel file? Also Do I need to keep all the colums in the template or can one column be deleted? 

Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

Hi DLamont, 

Sadly - getting the same problem as before, I confirmed that the steps I took were exactly as you described above. 

Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

sukhsran_0-1682023193119.png

Here is a copy of what my excel file looks like if that helps? 

Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

I tried a few things and played and deleted columns and did a bit of troubleshooting and it has now worked! thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
dlamont
Super User
Super User

Hi sukhsran,

Leave all headings (2 rows) on the tab and add your attendees on the rows below. 

Make sure all Attendee Types in the first column match a value from list from the tab "AtnTypeKey".  I would suggest copying and pasting the value(s) to the rows.  

Save the file to your computer as .xls don't convert to .xlsx.

Make sure all entries have a value in each column (5 columns).

This should work for you.

DLamont

Here's a screenshot of a successful .xls upload:

dlamont_0-1682018054003.png

DLamont
Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

OK - Great, Going to try this out now and thanks for showing what a succesful xls upload. Do I need to delete all other tabs from the excel file? Also Do I need to keep all the colums in the template or can one column be deleted? 

Hi, keep all columns and do not delete tab, just add your data and upload.  🙂

DLamont
Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

Hi DLamont, 

Sadly - getting the same problem as before, I confirmed that the steps I took were exactly as you described above. 

Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

sukhsran_0-1682023193119.png

Here is a copy of what my excel file looks like if that helps? 

Your Excel file is different than the template - the template can be downloaded from the "Add" button in your expense.  

dlamont_0-1682098029793.jpeg

Glad you were able to get it to work. 

DLamont
Solution
sukhsran
New Member - Level 1

I tried a few things and played and deleted columns and did a bit of troubleshooting and it has now worked! thanks