cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abebel
Occasional Member - Level 1

Error message: Expense must be matched to an imported card transaction.

Hi there, I'm getting the following error message and I'm unable to submit my expense report: This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method.

Where do I go to "match and imported card transaction"?

Thanks!

Alysia 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abebel if you have an assigned corporate credit card, those transactions will be visible in your Available Expenses list. 

However, sometimes users add the card transaction to a different report so you might need to check your other expense reports to see if the card transaction for this item is sitting there. 

If you don't have a corporate credit card then you will need to do one of two things with this expense:

1. Change the Payment Type to Cash or Out of Pocket if the current payment type says Pending Card Transaction

2. If the payment type doesn't say Pending Card Transaction, then you need to delete the expense and create a new entry manually for the expense.

I believe the item in question is either for Airfare, Car Renal or Hotel, correct? And I'm pretty sure you booked your Air, Car or Hotel in Concur Travel. This item is what we call an itinerary item. It doesn't need to be submitted. Although it feeds to Concur Expense, it only needs to be matched if you used a corporate credit card to make the purchase. If not, you should be able to delete the item.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
abebel
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting back to me. This expense is for my hotel accommodations which had to be put on my personal credit card. I do not have a corporate card. Yes, it says "Pending Card Transaction". I do not see an option to "change payment type" anywhere on the report. Will you please tell me exactly where that lives?

Thank you so much,

Alysia