cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calkwok
Occasional Member - Level 1

Editing an expense report

Hi guys,

I submitted an expense report on last Friday, and noticed i made an error in the reimbursement amount. The Concur notification i received says that the approval status is 'approved' but payment status is is 'not paid'. I immediately informed my manager on this error.

Questions:

1. Would it be possible for me to make the edits and resubmit? If yes, how do I initiate this?

2. On the other hand, would it be more time saving for my manager to cancel the initial report, and then i will resubmit a new report?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Cal

7 REPLIES 7
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @calkwok 

Once a report is approved by the manager is not possible to re-call it directly from you.

If the expense is not approved for payment (which is not the same as approved by the manager) you can still fix it.

How?

Contact as soon as you can your Company system Administrator or who is in charge for approving payment of expenses. You should still be on time, as in some cases, depending on your company settings, it could get extracted for payment authomatically just after manager's approval. They will be able to send it back to you, and you would be able so to edit it and resubmit it for your manager.

In case is too late, you could enter an adjustment on your next expense report, however is a more complicated road.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
calkwok

Hi Alessandro,
Thanks for your reply.
Do you have the person in charge's contact details (from Concur/Intel)?
I could get in touch with him/her directly.

Thank you.
Cal
@Munari_alEXPert wrote:

dear @calkwok 

Once a report is approved by the manager is not possible to re-call it directly from you.

If the expense is not approved for payment (which is not the same as approved by the manager) you can still fix it.

How?

Contact as soon as you can your Company system Administrator or who is in charge for approving payment of expenses. You should still be on time, as in some cases, depending on your company settings, it could get extracted for payment authomatically just after manager's approval. They will be able to send it back to you, and you would be able so to edit it and resubmit it for your manager.

In case is too late, you could enter an adjustment on your next expense report, however is a more complicated road.

@Munari_alEXPert wrote:

dear @calkwok 

How?

dear Cal,

in this community we are just freely discuss within peers or try to solve Concur's customers query, without having access to individuals accounts. You would need to contact someone within your company. most likely should be indicated on the Travel and Expense policy details of person to go in case of queries. I would love to help you more, but I can't as I don't have any accessibility.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@calkwok I think I should step in here and clarify a couple things on your questions. 

Questions:

1. Would it be possible for me to make the edits and resubmit? If yes, how do I initiate this? Yes, if the report is not yet approved by the Expense Processor, you can recall it IF your company has allowed this option. Even if your manager has approved a report it can still be recalled. However, the Recall option is something that needs to be allowed. If you log into your Concur account, go to Expense at the top of the screen. This will take you to your Manage Expenses screen where you should see the report you submitted and see the current status of the report. Click on the report to open it. When the report opens, look near the upper right-hand corner. If the recall option has been allowed, you will see a Recall button. Click this button to bring the report back into a status that will allow you to make edits, then resubmit. If you do not see a recall button and your manager has already approved the report, you will need to reach out to your company's site administrator and ask them to send the report back to you. 

2. On the other hand, would it be more time saving for my manager to cancel the initial report, and then i will resubmit a new report? Just and FYI...managers cannot cancel a report except for their own reports. They can, however, send a report back to the person who submitted it for them to make corrections. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
calkwok

Many thanks for this reply. For the record, I found a workaround with my manager without the need to pull back/edit the report.

Thank you.

Cal

abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi 

You can recall the report till the time, final approver in the workflow has not approved(manager/Accountant etc).

In case entries are getting posted to SAP and still, status is not changed to "sent for payment", ask the accountant who approved your report to recall it to the processor and then send it back to you.

Hope it helps!

calkwok

Thank you for this. I appreciate it.

Cal