cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lelyana
Occasional Member - Level 1

Duplicate check of expense

Hi,

We know that Concur has a standard duplicate check based on expense type, transaction date, and amount however I would like to check if there is any possibility for duplicate check based on receipt number and receipt date?

is there a way to setup overlapping checking at expense entry level? For example in expense entry the employee enter date from 01 jan 2021 to 28 feb 2021. The employee enter the same expense in another report however with the date from 01 feb 2021 to 31 mar 2021.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Lelyana

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lelyana Hello there. I'm a little confused on one thing in your post. Why are employees entering date ranges?  Do you require certain expense types to have a date range rather than the single transaction date? 

Also, you said you want to have the system check receipt number and receipt date. I don't know what "receipt number" is and by receipt date do you mean you want the system to have a way to check the actual date on the receipt? 

I think we need a bit more clarifcation before we can effectively answer your question. 

The date range thing is throwing me off as the only time I've ever seen a date range used for expenses is on the Report Header where the employee enters the dates of travel or maybe the enter a start date of the expense report and an end date of the report to denote maybe a two week period or a credit card statement period. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Lelyana

Hi @KevinD sorry I should have provide more detail info.

We have this expense type (e.g. season parking) which usually paid for 3 months parking period. So in Concur we need to track the the claim is for which parking period. In the expense entry we have the field parking period from and to (using custom field). Understand that there is the report start date and end date in header report which there is an audit rule to check on the overlapping however the overlapping checking is needed for this certain expense type only therefore we cannot apply that overlapping audit rule here. So I would like to check if there is any other way to do such checking?

As for receipt number and receipt date, when the employee enter certain expense we are required to enter the receipt number and receipt date (these are custom field) and attach the receipt into the expense entry however we are not able to check whether the employee is claiming the same expense (with the same receipt number and date) twice. Are we able to do such checking?

Thank you.

Lelyana

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lelyana I'm not sure if an audit rule can be setup for those two different custom fields. I'd have to do a little testing. 

Can you send me the name of your company, please? That way I can go in and take a look. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Lelyana

@KevinD Thanks very much for the reply. I have reached out to Concur Support team as well and confirmed that audit rule cannot be done for these 2 custom fields. 

abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi,

With Concur audit rule it is not possible however additional linked products with OCR capability like ExpenseIT and Appzen can do the needful.