cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyndall
Occasional Member - Level 3

Duplicate Transaction unable to delete

Hello,

I have an employee that has a duplicate transaction that can't be deleted. I tried to add it to an expense report and submit it but that is when I knew it was a duplicate. I have tried acting as the employee and deleting the available expense but I get the error code: Your company does not allow card charges to be deleted. To remove card charges from Available Expenses, you can move them to a report and submit them as personal expenses.

Please advise how I can get this transaction deleted. 

Thank you! 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall just to be sure I'm clear, the charge was a second charge for the same expense and should not have been charged to the user? If that is the case, the user should call the vendor that charged them a second time and have them reverse the second charge. Once the vendor reverses the second charge, the user should see a negative amount card charge come in. Add this and the duplicate to the same report so they will zero each other out. If the vendor won't reverse it, then the user should call the credit card issuer and contest the charge. The card issuer could then reverse the charge. Once that happens, have them add both the duplicate and credit to the same report. 

If all else fails, then the department at your company that assigns corporate cards would need to go in and hide the transaction from the user. Usually this is your Finance or Accounting department.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@lyndall based on the exception, confirmed that the company disabled ability to delete card transaction by the users. wither you should add the transaction to a report as stated in message and mark it as personal expense to proceed further process or contact your company card administrator to hide/remove the transaction from available expense backend.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall just to be sure I'm clear, the charge was a second charge for the same expense and should not have been charged to the user? If that is the case, the user should call the vendor that charged them a second time and have them reverse the second charge. Once the vendor reverses the second charge, the user should see a negative amount card charge come in. Add this and the duplicate to the same report so they will zero each other out. If the vendor won't reverse it, then the user should call the credit card issuer and contest the charge. The card issuer could then reverse the charge. Once that happens, have them add both the duplicate and credit to the same report. 

If all else fails, then the department at your company that assigns corporate cards would need to go in and hide the transaction from the user. Usually this is your Finance or Accounting department.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.