cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmillerj
Occasional Member - Level 2

Duplicate Credit Card Charge and Refund Issued, how to submit?

My travel card was charged twice for a hotel stay. I submitted the first instance received with itemization and receipt. The hotel chain issued a refund on the card. How do I submit these to clear from my account?

1 Solution

dear @Rmillerj 

for those charges you don't need to use "Hotel" as expense type, at least to avoid itemization. if you have "Others" or "Miscellaneous" or any other expense that isn't with audit set limits.

About the receipt since they are clearing one each other, you might attached a pdf where you explain what happen to the all the transactions impacted. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rmillerj if you now have the duplicate charge and the refund, then just add both to the same report. They will cancel each other out. However, you will need to have other expenses on the report since you cannot submit a zero amount report. If you have an expense report that hasn't been fully approved you could recall that report, add these two charges to it, then resubmit the report. If not, create a new report when other charges come in, then add them to that report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Rmillerj

Thank you

Rmillerj

@KevinD, This does not solve my problem. Concur will not me submit this without itemizing charges and attaching a receipt

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rmillerj I was about to reply with exactly what @Munari_alEXPert said. Since this isn't a charge to be reimbursed, use a different expense type to get them pushed through. Be sure to use the Comment field to explain what you are doing. If a receipt is required, maybe take a screenshot of the refund showing on your card statement or do as @Munari_alEXPert suggested for the pdf. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Rmillerj

@KevinD, This does not solve my problem. Concur will not allow  me to submit this without itemizing charges and attaching a receipt

dear @Rmillerj 

for those charges you don't need to use "Hotel" as expense type, at least to avoid itemization. if you have "Others" or "Miscellaneous" or any other expense that isn't with audit set limits.

About the receipt since they are clearing one each other, you might attached a pdf where you explain what happen to the all the transactions impacted. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Rmillerj

Thank You, this solved the issue

rwolf9

Actually, I just did this for my executive and it allowed me to submit a $0.00 expense report