cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyoung
Occasional Member - Level 1

Do we take out commuting mileage from mileage reimb if we work from home unitl jan 2023

We had a staff retreat right next to our office and I would like to know the mileage reimbursement rules while we are working from home right now. I know you cannot claim commuting miles to and from work. So if employees are working from home right now, and they drove to the staff retreat right next to the office, would they claim the mileage from home to staff retreat and back? Or would that be considered normal commuting miles and we should not reimburse for mileage from home to staff retreat and back?  What have any of you experienced while employees are working from home right now?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dyoung when it comes to allowable mileage reimbursement, this is a company by company decision. I would recommend you speak with your direct manager on whether your company policy will allow you to submit the retreat mileage or not.

It will be difficult for you to get a definitive answer here on the Community because or various customers handle this situation in different ways. Only your company can say whether you are allowed to do this or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.