cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xinyili217
Occasional Member - Level 1

Do we have some Best Practices to help people submit expenses to the correct project task?

We have tons of different projects going on, and people tend to submit their expenses under wrong project tasks. We have to have our help desk look into each case, reach out to the manager and make sure it's been corrected. Does anyone ever have some good practices to help people locate the correct project tasks while submitting expenses?

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

We tend to use Audit Rules to attempt to assist our employees when they have choices to make - like project codes - and that seems to work for us. I'm interested to see what others have done, too.

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xinyili217 I would agree with @JessicaL that Audit Rules are a good way to prevent this. I've seen other customers create audit rules block submission if the user selects an incorrect project task. Without seeing your configuration, it is a bit difficult to make a recommendation on how the Audit Rule should be set up. 

What determines that the project task is incorrect? Is it employees belonging to certain departments or cost centers should not be choosing certain project tasks? Can you provide a little more detail please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
xinyili217
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. I joined the team recently and would  dig further about their configuration and what they are looking for at this moment. I'd love to discuss more details here once I figure it out.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xinyili217 we will be here once we hear more from what you learned about your company's configuration. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.