cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchang
Occasional Member - Level 1

Disable Comments Being Copied from Request to Expense Report

Good morning!

Our company policy requires an Expense Report to be linked to an approved Request prior to submission. When the ER is linked to the TR, the system copies over the comment from the TR header into the ER header.  This becomes an issue for us as the comment in the TR is not necessarily relevant to the ER, and also we have audit rules built to require a comment for certain triggers. By having the comment copied over from the TR to ER, it bypasses the audit rule that we have built.  Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks,

Robin

6 REPLIES 6
crystalreports
Occasional Member - Level 3

@rchang, that sounds like a copy-down setting that had been turned on on this field in the ER. You can try to turn that off.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rchang I just proxied in as you to look at your Report Header screen and I don't see any Comment field. Is the field in question named something else? If so, what is the name of the field that is being copied over?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rchang

@KevinD I'm not sure - is this the name of the field? 

rchang_0-1723733985911.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rchang I don't see that the Comment field on the Expense Report Header is set to copy down from a Comment field from the Request Header. Can you take a screenshot of the Request Header with a comment and then the Expense Report Header showing the comment copied over, please? If you could take a screenshot of the entire screen, that would be great. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rchang

@KevinD Here is an example (for a future trip) - TR#3YFP

Request:

rchang_0-1723739457473.png

I just created an Expense Report for this trip, and the comment in the Request Header got copied over.

Expense Report:

rchang_1-1723739555462.png

Thank you!

rchang

quick bump 🙏