cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcsevan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Difference when running cc transaction reports using BI Analysis and Query Studio

I have an accountant who is trying to reconcile transactions against the cc statement.  His approach is to run the CC Transaction report from the BI Analysis tool -- and use the posted date to match the CC statement.  Then he created a report using the Query Studio to pull the same data and the totals are not always matching.  So my question is what are the data sources for each reporting tool?

Ultimately, the report he is creating out of Studio is to identify the expense charges using the following buckets (assuming all charges have not been paid yet) :

1. Expense charges not added to a report

2. Expense charges added to a report, but the report has not been submitted for approval

3. Expense charges added to a report, and the report has been submitted for approval

4. Expense charges added to a report, and the report has been approved

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kcsevan great question. Now, granted I haven't seen exactly what the accountant is doing, but here is what I am about 99% sure is happening. The accountant is going in under the BI Manager option and running the report. This limits the accountant to only see data for those he or she is the BI Manager for. When you go in to use Query Studio, you are going in under a Cognos role which allows you to see more data. BI Manager is a permission for Concur Expense, whereas the Business Author role is a Cognos assigned role. 

I hope this makes sense. I'm here if you need any clarification.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kcsevan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Kevin - thanks for the reply.  And although that does make sense, what we're actually seeing is the opposite.  The BI Mgr side is reporting more data than the Query Studio side.  Approximately 25% of the users showed discrepancies.   On the Expense side, he has the Expense Processor (Audit) role.  Would that grant global access to data in read-only mode?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kcsevan that is a little odd. Is the Accountant also listed as an approver for anyone? The only other thing I can think of is if the Query Studio permission was assigned to the accountant for certain Employee Groups. 

The Processor role does not have any relation, as far as I know, to Cognos and what data someone can see. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.