cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

Did you move from a mandated card program to BYOC (Bring Your Own Card)?

We currently have a mandated card program and I fully understand the benefits.  However, we have recently had an associate request we change our policy to a BYOC (Bring Your Own Card).  He provided many reasons from his perspective as to why this makes sense.  I'm just curious if anyone has moved from a mandated card program to allowing their associates to use the card of their choice.  Pros/Cons?  Any thoughts you have on this approach? 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you provide the reasons this person gave you? I'm curious as to why they would prefer their own card rather than a Corporate Card. 

Thank you,

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

I'm also curious about their reasoning for BYOC.  I'm guessing they get some rewards for spending on their own card that they don't wish to give up by moving to your corporate card program.

From an admin perspective, having one card provider and issuing bank to deal with on our employees' behalf is preferable, and it also means we only have one Concur card feed to worry about.  Would they be wanting a Concur card feed for each of their BYOC cards?  Or would the users process as out-of-pocket expenses in Concur and get reimbursed?

Rajieve
Occasional Member - Level 1

I'm curious about their reasoning ..!! Allowing employees to use their personal card is never a good option for Business travel, It’s a big burden for the employees use their personal card and this does not make sense for international travelers. The reconciliation process & global spend management will never be achieved by personal card. Even in smaller units we suggest to use corporate card for all expenses.
What happens if expense reports are not approved by the Manager/processor on-time? Do you think the employee would wait? This could apparently cause more issues and concerns between employees.

There are some nice corporate card providers with better options than personal card providers..!! I'm sure employees will be more comfortable with corporate cards.
Thanks,
Rajieve