cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmatias
Occasional Member - Level 2

Determining when the Mileage Calculator is used vs Manual Entry

Hello.

We recently went live with Concur Expense and a recurring question we receive is:

How a Concur Admin or Approver can determine when the Mileage Calculator is being used versus the Manual Entry Fields? Is there a way to detect this?

Our policy states that if the submitter uses the built in Mileage Calculator that no receipt/map needs to be attached to the expense, however when they enter the mileage amount manually a map is required and should be attached. Since we cannot control this with configuration we are reviewing each expense report manually and can't detect one from the other.

Please help!

Thanks,

Michelle Matias

Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmatias you could just make the Mileage Calculator required and this would alleviate the need to know whether it was used or not and it would be less work for the users because then they wouldn't need to provide documentation for manually entered mileage. 

Sounds like from your post you may not have known that you can make the mileage calculator required. So, if that is the case, my guess is your next post to me might be, "how do I make it required"? This would depend on which platform you are on; our Standard or our Professional platform. If you know this, let me know then I can tell you how to make the calculator required because it is done differently in each of the platforms.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mmatias

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your response, apologies for my late reply. I am new to the forum and still do not know how to set notifications when a response appears.

During our implementation helf the team wanted to makethis mandtory and the other half did not because we have many repeat mileage from plant to plant and we did not want to make them have to enter the ful address each time. With that being said, you are correct, my next question would be "How do I make this required?" should our team decide this is the route to go.

Thank you,

Michelle Matias

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Michelle -

You are on the Professional offering, which means you have some rich configuration options.  You have the ability to check this in your 'receipt required' rules: in the condition that defines when the user must attach an image file to the expense entry, you can use Expense entry - Has Mileage Calculator = N.

mmatias

Hello Belinda,

This is excellent, this was something we were trying to achieve as well when we were deciding to allow both using the calculator or entering manually. During our implementation we were advised that this was very difficult to achieve and can ause other issues for the people using the calulator. From the looks of your rule, it seems simple enough.

Is this something that we can fix ourselves or do I need the Service Assistance group to complete for us, if we decide to test this?

Thanks,

Michelle Matias

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

You can configure this for yourself under Administration - Expense - Receipt Handling, on the Receipt Limits tab.