cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpillar
Occasional Member - Level 2

Detailed reporting?

Hello! I'm a new admin and was wondering if any of you could tell me how to get the comments portion of transactions added to the the expense report.

For instance, if there are 3 transactions  to "office supplies" I want to be able to see specifically what those were ie: printer (higher dollar amount) versus stapler (lower dollar amount) so that we can see it's being expensed properly. I hope this makes sense lol I have to present to the VP in a little over a week so your help is greatly appreciated! 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kpillar So, I checked your site and you are on what we call a Standard or Best Practice configuration site. The reporting options for a Standard configuration are quite limited. Out of the box, you likely won't have the Business Purpose and Comment fields available in the Analytics Reports. However, you may want to consider creating two Custom fields so you can definitely report on this data. You could create these fields as Free Form and allow the users to manually enter what they need. You could also consider creating these fields as List fields and provide Generic Business Purposes and Comments for the employees to choose from. 

We refer to these fields as Cost Tracking fields. You can add these fields to the Expense Accrual Report that is one of the standard reports you will get in the Analytics reporting tool. 

I know this might sound like a lot since you are a new admin, but it is all pretty straightforward when you get a little familiar with using the Admin functions of SAP Concur. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kpillar hello there. I'm sort of following what you are saying, but then wonder why you want the comments portion added to the expense report. Each expense entry already has a field labeled Comments. So, you don't need to have that added. Maybe you are referring to some other report type. 🙂 I guess it would be helpful to know how you are viewing the expense reports. Are you seeing them from the Process Reports screen or are you running some sort of report and want to know how to see the comments that have been added to the entries in this report?

I'll await your reply. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kpillar

Hi Kevin! Thank you for the response! We do a monthly expense accrual report for Accounting and are wanting to see the Business Purpose and Comments sections in the report so when I export to Excel, I can have more detailed explanation of what the transaction was for. We've had an uptick in expenses (company growth playing a part in that) but wanting to see that it is all rightfully placed. I have only looked at Concur a few times so I'm looking through videos as well as reaching out to my manager to get a more defined explanation of what they are wanting to see, so I may be coming be back with that information soon 🙂 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kpillar So, I checked your site and you are on what we call a Standard or Best Practice configuration site. The reporting options for a Standard configuration are quite limited. Out of the box, you likely won't have the Business Purpose and Comment fields available in the Analytics Reports. However, you may want to consider creating two Custom fields so you can definitely report on this data. You could create these fields as Free Form and allow the users to manually enter what they need. You could also consider creating these fields as List fields and provide Generic Business Purposes and Comments for the employees to choose from. 

We refer to these fields as Cost Tracking fields. You can add these fields to the Expense Accrual Report that is one of the standard reports you will get in the Analytics reporting tool. 

I know this might sound like a lot since you are a new admin, but it is all pretty straightforward when you get a little familiar with using the Admin functions of SAP Concur. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
kpillar

Thanks so much, Kevin! This is valuable information! I appreciate your time and expertise! 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kpillar no problem.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey