cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sterlitech
Occasional Member - Level 1

Delete a transaction

I received the pop up error: Your company does not allow card charges to be deleted.

I am the Admin, how do I change that so I can delete card charges?

Thank you

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sterlitech When logged in, go to Administration>Company>Tools. From the Tools screen, select Company Card. On the Company Card screen, click the Settings tab. It should be the first option you see. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sterlitech this option is an all or nothing. It cannot be activated on an individual basis. 

Are you needing this on just so you can delete or do you want to allow all employees to delete? 

This option to delete card transactions is off by default because allowing it ends up causing more issues. For example, you would start getting employees who "accidentally" delete their transactions and therefore do not get them reconciled through the system. This can cause outstanding balances on their corporate card statements. Then some of these employees end up submitting out of pocket expenses for the transactions they deleted. Now they are getting the money instead of the card company. Not to mention work of card administrators who now have to add to their work load the task of unhiding these transactions when people message them that they accidentally deleted the transactions. 

My suggestion is if this transaction for whatever reason shouldn't be reimbursed, then add it to your expense report and mark it as personal. 

The other option (which I don't recommend) is to turn on the delete option, delete the transaction, then go back and turn off the delete option. 

Let me know what you decide. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sterlitech
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin for the quick reply!

I am the only person managing the company card, so I would love to turn on this feature (delete).

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sterlitech When logged in, go to Administration>Company>Tools. From the Tools screen, select Company Card. On the Company Card screen, click the Settings tab. It should be the first option you see. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey