cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GHughes
Occasional Member - Level 1

Delegate permissions using mobile app

Hi, I am a Delegate for my Line Manager with permissions to review co-workers expenses before he approves them. I can do this without any issues via the desktop website but am unable to carry out this function when using the ios mobile application.  In the ios mobile app I do have the ability to "change to different user" but can only create or edit expenses for my Line Manager only,  there is no option to review the co-workers expenses on his behalf.  If I can review expenses via the desktop website why can I not do it via the ios mobile application? Reduced functionality is not the answer!

I have previously submitted feedback via survey requests and have asked our company UK Travel Administrators of Concur who say they have been told by their US colleagues that at a Corporate level several enhancements have been requested (that would benefit all users and not just our company users) but they never get any feedback.  On the issue noted above the response from the US was that is was only possible via the desktop website for a delegate, and not via the ios app... I knew that already!!!  So I have joined this community to see what answers I can get.  Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GHughes I wish I could say you would get a different answer here on the Community, but unfortunately you will not. The delegate option on mobile is still fairly new. I don't believe they could launch all the delegate features with just one app release update. I'm asking our mobile team if Approvals is on the roadmap. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @GHughes ,

Unfortunately, you will not get all functionality on the mobile app. The available functionality is listed on the official documentation page accessible at below link.

http://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/_MOBdoc_CCC.htm

The documentation for ios (http://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/Mob_UG_Expense_iPhone.pdf) currently does not indicate the ability to approve/ review claims as a delegate.

I would suggest taking a look at below thread which explains how you can submit improvement suggestions to Concur.

https://community.concur.com/t5/What-s-New-in-Product/Take-Five-Customer-Influence-Programs/ba-p/316...

Hope this gives you some more insight.

Best regards,

Rohan

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GHughes I wish I could say you would get a different answer here on the Community, but unfortunately you will not. The delegate option on mobile is still fairly new. I don't believe they could launch all the delegate features with just one app release update. I'm asking our mobile team if Approvals is on the roadmap. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
GHughes

Thanks Kevin. While I understand your response, and I realise that it is not going to be fixed from within this Community, but it does seem odd that an Approver can do everything from an ios device but a Delegate can not! That is why I, in my layman terms of understanding these type of applications, think it must be a simple permissions issue?  Anyway, I'll wait and see what my question via the concurproductnews@sap.com email account comes back with. Thanks again.

jenrobertson

Can a Delegate access Expense Reports in progress? When I act as Delgate for a user, it takes me to the list of Expenses - I can add them to an expense report, but I don't see how to access them or edit them once they have been added to an expense report. In my own profile, I see two tabs: Reports & Expenses, but when acting as a Delegate, I only see Expenses. Thanks!