cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte
New Member - Level 1

Delegate Approval limit

Hi, 

I'm going to act as delegate for my manager and wondering if it is possible to setup approve limit for delegate. If one expense exceed certain amount then it still require authorized approver to approve. Please kindly advise the solution. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Charlotte hello there. If you are asking if your manager, when they set you up as their delegate, can put in an approval limit for you, then the answer is no. As a delegate, in most cases, you would inherit the approval authority of your manager. 

However, there are caveats to this. If you are set up as an authorized approver and so is your manager, there is a setting that can be turned on that prevents you from approving reports that are over your authorized amount. If this setting is turned on, your manager wouldn't be able to add you as an approving delegate. If this setting is not turned on, then you should be able to approve for your manager regardless of the amount. 

The best way to ensure you can approve for your manager if they are set up as an authorized approver is for you to be set up with Approval permission only and not be designated as an authorized approver. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Charlotte
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD thanks a lot for quick response and it really helpful.

one more question: to activate approval permission, does my manager just do to "expense delegate" >> add my name >> click the checkbox of "can approve"?

Best,

Charlotte

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Charlotte those are the steps your manager will take once you have been given the approval permission. Expense Approver permission is assigned to your profile by a site administrator. You won't have access to this, so if you know you configures your site and does the behind the scenes work, that is the person to ask. The permission is instant and will be available the next time you log in. Once this is done, your manager will see the Can Approve option when adding you as a delegate.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.