cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saikat
Occasional Member - Level 2

Default approver query

Hi Team,

Is it possible to set 3 different default approvers in a 1-up workflow? I have an approver(manager for employee) already  , now I need to add 2 more approvers one is HR approver and another is HOD approver who will approve reports in special cases. is it possible? 

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saikat ,

I would set the manager and HOD as Default approver 1 and 2 in the profile. Then hard code the HR approver name in the workflow step. Assumption being that HR is same for all employees and if needed, can forward to another HR.

Best regards,

Rohan

Saikat

Hi Rohan,

The problem is here HRBP is a field in employee form means like HOD every user will have a HRBP assigned to his/her profile. So 3 approvers required in this case actually.  

Hi @Saikat ,

To my knowledge there are only two approver fields available on profile that can be used in the workflow. If you refer to a custom field with the HRBP name, I have not seen a custom field being used to determine approvers in workflow.

Note: I assume you are using initial approver from employee profile.

Best regards,
Rohan

Saikat

Hi Rohan,

Yes I m using initial approver from employee profile and then there is HOD and HRBP. Now I assigned direct appover as manager , default as HOD and HRBP as default 2 but I am seeing only 2 options to add approvers in profile. So my question is what is the logic can be used to accommodate another manager. In fact there is  a especial business finance team approval required for a particular condition. I initially added them as processor but there is another processor approval available so I guess there cannot be any logic to distinguish to processors hence I might need to add this business finance team as another approver. 

Can you please tell me what logic I should follow? 

Hi Saikat,

As I proposed before, you will need to hard code the HRBP name and ask them to forward.