cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
novieho
Occasional Member - Level 1

DUPLICATED - Cash transaction from E-Receipt is populated along Corporate card transaction.

Hello.

We experience the cash transaction is populated in Concur expense as part of the E-Receipt.

However, the actual payment method is using a corporate card. This creates a confusion and possible of duplicate expenses.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
carmel_rochon
Routine Member - Level 1

This happens to us occasionally with Uber for Business charges. Sometimes both a "Credit Card" and "E-Receipt" charge will appear separately of each other. In this case, we add both line items to the same report, select both of them by clicking the boxes to the left of the line item, then clicking "Combine Expenses" in the top toolbar. This will turn it into just one "Credit Card" expense with the e-receipt attached, as usual.

Hope this answers your question! 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@novieho this is expected behavior. Now, if both the e-receipt and card transaction are showing as separate items in the user's Available Expenses, that is not expected behavior. The items should get matched together. However, what I see happening a lot is the user adds the e-receipt to an expense report before it has been matched. Then a day or two later the card transaction comes in to Available Expenses. Yes, this causes confusion, so as best as you can, make sure you let your users know that if they see an e-receipt come in to Available Expenses and they know they made this purchase with a company card, do not do anything with it. Let it sit there until the card charge comes in and gets matched.

The system cannot match an e-receipt that is sitting on an expense report to a card transaction that comes into Available Expenses.

I don't know what the exact situation was in your case, but from my 15 years of working at SAP Concur, the main reason for confusion is users not letting the system match the items.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.