cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorse-AFW
Occasional Member - Level 2

Custom Fields by Policy Group and Expenses

It would be nice if you could set up Custom Fields to be assigned to different policy groups and expenses.

We have Fields that need to be set up as mandatory for specific user groups and expenses.  But not for all user groups or for all expenses.  I also would like to have custom fields that would be for expenses but not Expense Reports.

A custom field should be selectable to be assigned to Expense Reports, Expenses, and policy groups.  They could also be mandatory in some instances and not mandatory in others.

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tmorse-AFW I suggest speaking with your Customer Success Manager at SAP Concur. Most of what you are asking for is possible, but you would need to move to our Professional platform, which has the capability to do what you are looking for.

I can say that custom fields cannot be assigned to policy groups even in our Professional Platform. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by a custom field should be selectable to be assigned to Expenses. How would a custom field be assigned to an expense, but not an expense report? Could you clarify for me please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tmorse-AFW
Occasional Member - Level 2

Kevin,

The fields for an Expense are different from the Expense Report they are assigned to.

For example, Under Meals, there are several fields in the meals expenses that aren't in the Expense report you would attach that meal expense to.

Under the non Professional version, If I create a new Custom Field, make it visible and mandatory. That field also shows in both the Expense Report and the Expense fields.  So this may just be a limitation of the non-Pro version.