cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawnweygandt
Occasional Member - Level 2

Currency Exchange Fee comes in as Undefined

We are implementing a new credit card and associates that travel outside of the US will have a currency conversion fee for their expenses. Right now that fee is coming through as Undefined. When I look at the MCC code for the expense it is coming through as 0. We can't map the expense because then all expenses that come through with MCC code of 0 would go to that expense type. Has anyone had this type of issue before?

1 Solution
Solution
dawnweygandt

I was just looking through our audit rules and see that. Let me work with my manager to see if we can get that updated. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @dawnweygandt 

Which other expenses will be impacted with the code "O"? I was aware that MCC codes had 4 digits and not only 1. 

I would verify via a Cognos reports, how many transactions apart the FX fees, were with the code "O" in the last 6 months for example... and probably should be limited or most within the same type of transactions. If on most cases you will be right on putting it under FX fees (or the expense type you designed) I would go ahead with it.

Did you also approach the Credit Card company about this? Wouldn't be possible to avoid double transactions on foreigner expense receipt without a split from the Credit card company?

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dawnweygandt usually the system will remember the expense type the user assigned for the first fee that came in as undefined. So going forward, those fees should automatically get assigned the Exchange Fee expense type when it comes into Concur. Is that not happening or is this something that is still pretty new?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dawnweygandt

This is a brand new card for us and so far we've only had one of these transactions. The other issue I am having is that the system won't let us use the expense type Currency Exchange Fee. It says we can only use Credit Card Fee as the expense type.

@dawnweygandt is this something you are seeing on your own expense report or someone else's? If you send me the name of the person, I can go in and take a look at the report. As far as the system not letting you use Currency Exchange Fees, this could simply just be an audit rule that was created for some reason.  

If the expense report is for someone else, send me their name in a private message, please. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dawnweygandt

Thank you! I will send his name to you.

@dawnweygandt I did look at your site and there is an audit rule that was created that forces employees to use the Credit Card Fees expense type. Someone at your company either created this or had Concur create it. I don't know what your role at your company is, but I'm guessing you were not involved when Concur was implemented at your company.  That's likely why you weren't aware of this audit rule. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
dawnweygandt

I was just looking through our audit rules and see that. Let me work with my manager to see if we can get that updated. Thank you!