cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TE_Martin
Occasional Member - Level 1

Create card transaction to clear open balance

Hi, 

We have regular card feed and IBCP program. User submits card transaction a we pay Card provider directly. Is there an option to have 2-3 admins who can create credit card transaction and submit ex report on behalf of an employee? We know how to submit it, just dont know how to create card transaction.

sometimes we need to clear either credit or debit balance which is left on the corporate card account. 

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello,

I don't believe there is an option to create a credit card transaction. However, if you have the needed permissions, you can go to Administration --> Tools --> Company Card and on the tab "Manage Transactions", you can look for hidden transactions that you can release if the credit card balance is zero. Sometimes, credits/fees/payments are hidden in Concur depending on your configuration.

Hope that helps,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
TE_Martin

hello,

Thank you. I know about this option. and it doesnt work for us. 

Maybe if we could select the payment method as corporate card directly in an expense report...

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear Martin,

Credit card transaction feed is automatic and you would prefer to have some admin to enter them on the system?

Generally CC transaction feed into the system within 5 days, most within 3 days, so it should be giving enough time to submit and pay fully the Credit card company.

About someone else submitting credit card transactions (and expense report) for employees, yes is possible, if they are set up as a delegate on the system, but no one can create manually credit card transactions. Please verify this link from founded online which shows how to set up delegates. https://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/travel/pdf/HowtoAddaDelegate.pdf

Please advise if those information were sufficient or clarify more. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
TE_Martin

Hello,

this is the scenario:

1. employee leaves company,

2. there is an open balance on credit card (e.g. reason credit card transaction marked as personal never paid to card provider). 

3. today we submit manual payment thru our ERP. but we'd like to get card transaction created, submitted and processed in Concur

and thank you - we know how delegate functionally works. 

Martin

Thank you for clarifying.

It depends how your system is set up, however if the credit card trasactions were not paid to the CC company, and the employees also agreed that were personal expenses, this is what I would do (however not possible to create transactions that have been already submitted).

3 Options:

1- Ask the employee to pay the credit card company as s/he also risk a bad credit ratings on their records.

2- If everything need to stay on the Concur system, input for the amount this person is due to the credit card company a Cash transaction with the negative amount, than manually it will need to be cleared in AP paying the credit card company.

3- Have Payroll, if the salary wasn't yet fully paid, reducing the amount due to the salary and manually closing the transactions with the overdue payment to the credit card.

Or the employee pay back the Company, or the credit card company, but finance AP or Payroll or both will need to be involved too. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
leabolee
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi there, I have the same issue and we are in need of a solution or best practice for this.

I am interested in option two, which seems to be the most viable solution. I understand how credits work in Concur but what needs to happen in our accounting system? How do we clear it to send to the bank? Has anyone set this up? If so, how do communicate this with our accounting department?

2- If everything need to stay on the Concur system, input for the amount this person is due to the credit card company a Cash transaction with the negative amount, than manually it will need to be cleared in AP paying the credit card company.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TE_Martin The system does not allow for you to create card transactions. Card transactions come from activity on the individual credit card, so think of it the same as if you wanted to add transactions directly to a VISA, AMEX or MasterCard statement. 

Also, you would need to know the entire credit card number, which is hidden from view in Concur. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leabolee
Occasional Member - Level 2

I am following this thread too. I think we have the same kind of question, except it is due to an employee marking an expense accidently as personal. Now we need to create a payment to pay AMEX, since that charge was already submitted as personal. I am mostly referring to large transactions, such as $10,000 or more. I understand our instructions say to create an out of pocket expense to the employee, and then they pay AMEX. But that is a lot of work and tracking, for more than 30,000 card holders. I want to know also how to create a manual payment to AMEX. Can we somewhat alter the payment file, as if to include that 'personal' charge to pay AMEX, instead of creating an out of pocket expense?