cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmel_rochon
Occasional Member - Level 3

Create a Report that Shows Exact Expense Report Status?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone know if there is a way to create a report that shows the exact status of all active expense reports across all users. I would love a report that has the following status categories:

1. Available Report (not submitted or released by a delegate)

2. Ready for Review (released by a delegate to the report owner)

3. Submitted & Pending Approval - Approver 1

4. Submitted & Pending Approval - Approver 2

5. Approved & In Accounting Review

6. Sent for Payment

7. Payment Confirmed

Is there a feature that does this already, or is there an add-on to the site that is available? We really just want to know where reports are in the process at any given time and figure out where the roadblocks are (i.e., are the report owners not submitting for approval?; is Approver 2 not checking their inbox?; etc.).

Thanks in advance, and would appreciate any tips or practices that you follow to get around this! 

5 REPLIES 5
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@carmel_rochon  In our Cognos Standard Reports, there are a few reports that  may help you with what you are looking for.  

1.  Report:  Workflow Aging - Details - This report identifies the expense reports that are pending approval, including the approvers associated with the reports, to help ensure approval of expense reports in a timely manner.

2.  Report: Workflow Cycle Times - Details - This report provides details of workflow cycle times; shows the time it took for a report to move through the major workflow steps.

Please use this link to view the Cognos Default Reports Catalog  and review Chapter 9 reports where the 2 reports above are outlined.

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/Cognos/DefaultRpts/Catalog.pdf

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carmel_rochon in addition to what @TriciaW said, Cognos can be used to build this report. With even minimal Congos experience, this report would be very quick to build. However, if you have never used Cognos before, it would b a bit difficult to explain. 

I take it you are not familiar with our Cognos tool. Is that correct? If not, I would recommend taking our free webinar that provides a good foundation for using the Cognos tool. If that is something you are interested in, please let me know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
carmel_rochon
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @KevinD , I have a base understanding of Cognos, but the main functionality I'm trying to get from this hypothetical reports is the split between "Available Reports" (not marked "Ready for Review" from delegates) and reports that are "Ready for Review" but have not been submitted by the report owner. I haven't been able to find a report with this option on Cognos... will the webinar provide some insight on this? 

@carmel_rochon I'm asking my reporting contacts if this is something Cognos can show or not. Stay tuned.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@carmel_rochon The Ready for Review does get added to the Audit Trail. If you have the audit trail archived, which I believe must be turned on, then you would be able to report on this. However, it would be shown from the Audit Trail, not from a report status. I'm not sure if you would be able to do a direct comparison with reports in Ready for Review vs. Not in Ready for Review, but it is available in Cognos.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey