cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alejordan
New Member - Level 1

Cost Center (Department) - How to change your cost center when submitting an expense report

Hi,

I recently changed roles in my company, so I now have a different cost center (department) from before.  

The problem I'm having is that I have multiple expense reports to submit that need to have my old cost center (department), as these were expenses related to my previous role.  But, with my new role, my cost center (department)  has changed, so I cannot submit my expense reports without changing my cost center (department) back to my old cost center.  Can someone please help me and let me know how I can do this?

Thank you,

Alexandra

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alejordan when you are signed in to SAP Concur and open this expense report, click Report Details. From the list of options, choose Report Header. Look to see if there is a field labeled Cost Center or Department. If so, it likely shows your current (not old) department. This field might be open for editing. If so, it should have a drop down arrow. Click that. Look for your old department. Once you select it, click Save. 

If what I described is not available, then from your report, select all the line items. Once selected Click Allocate. This will open the allocate window. Click Add. When the allocate line appears, look for the Cost Center or Department field and enter the old department. Click Save. 

If neither of these are available, I would try and contact someone in Finance about this. I did look at your reports and they are all submitted, so they cannot be edited at the moment. You would need to recall them to make the change to department.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rileyash
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

I have a similar question. We have shuffled around our departments within our 3 companies. So now department 409 is in Company 2 instead of 3; I'm looking for a way to adjust the company within an employee's claims without having to redo the entire claim. It is greyed out and there isn't a drop-down for the company like there is for the department on the individual line items. I tried what you mentioned in the above reply and the same issue came up. 

Let me know!

Thanks,

Riley

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash how are you accessing the employee's claim? Are you going in as a Delegate, Proxy or accessing the claim as the Expense Processor?

Also, as a best practice and future suggestion...if you are going to make adjustments to departments and companies, you should consider the following:

1. Process all current reports before making any company and department changes.

2. Make a blackout period where no new expense reports can be created so you can make the changes and not have the scenario you currently have.

Once I hear how you are accessing the employee's report, I can better advise. It sounds to me like your site configuration is set to not allow for editing the Company field at the individual user, Delegate or Proxy levels. However, many companies allow the Expense Processor to make some changes to expense reports that end users cannot. So, I'll need to know how you are accessing the report to be able to provide you the best possible answer.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rileyash

Hi @KevinD,

I'm accessing as a proxy, yes!

I was left in the dark on the department and company changes. Appreciate the advice for next time!

Thanks,

Riley

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash Here is my suggestion.

Get the report submitted. That way you can go in as the Processor (if you have the permission) and see if the field is editable from the Processor view. If not, it will need to be sent back and recreated.

If you do not have Processor permissions, reach out to someone who does and have them take a look. If the field is editable have them change it.

If the field isn't editable when in a Submitted and Pending Approval state, have the manager approve it so it goes into the Approved & In Accounting Review status and view it from the Processor screen while in that status to see if the field is available to be edited.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rileyash

@KevinD Gotcha. 

Now once it's Approved & In Accounting Review, is there a way to change the company for all lines at once or am I forced to change it on each line individually? 

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash Looks like you have to do one line at a time.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey