cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aespiritu
Occasional Member - Level 3

Congos Expense Analysis

How can I pull an expense analysis report for a specific expense type? Apparently there isn't data after choosing expense type from the Expense Analysis report option. 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aespiritu hello there. So, when I would teach our reporting online classes to help users build their reports, I would ask them to verbalize what they want the report to show. For example: I want a report to show how much the company as a whole spent on airfare for the entire month of May. By doing this it helps users know what data items to use and what types of filters. Why am I saying all of this? 

What is it specifically you want your report to show? Which expense type? Who should be included in the report? Is the expense supposed to be fully approved or not yet approved? What time frame are you looking for? 

If you provide me this information, I can point you in the right direction. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aespiritu
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD  Hi Kevin. Thank you for your reply. 

If I were to specify, I'm looking for a report that details the amount spent by the firm on accommodation from January 1, 2022 to May 31t, 2022. 

If it's also possible to get a report that would detail total amount spent per expense type from January 1, 2022 to May 31st, 2022, that would be great as well. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you, 

Anne

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aespiritu thank you for the details. Before I type too much, I need to know what your Cognos reporting building experience is.

No experience yet

Beginner

Intermediate

Advanced

There is no wrong answer. 🙂 I am asking because if you haven't built reports in Cognos yet, typing out the answer wouldn't really help because the tool isn't super intuitive and it would take me probably at a minimum 45 minutes to an hour to type out the detailed steps.

If you have built some reports before, I can provide details that do not have to be super specific since you will know what I'm referring to. 

I'll await your reply. You can always reply to me in a private message if you are more comfortable with that.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.