cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JordanHill1447
Occasional Member - Level 1

Conflicting messages on hotel itemization

I have attempted to put in an hotel expense into a report and am getting conflicting messages from Concur about it.

When I tried to put in the expense with the relevant itemizations (hotel room cost, taxes, etc.), I get an error message that says "This expense type is not available to use in an itemized entry. Please change the expense type" as well as "This itemized entry has sub-entries with one or more exceptions." When I try to just put in the receipt without itemizing everything, I get a message that says "Itemizations are required for this entry."

Any suggestions to mitigate these issues? My intent is to itemize everything like I normally do, but that has not worked

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JordanHill1447 My screenshot is for itemizing the hotel. You need to create a hotel expense, enter check in/check out dates, Amount, etc. Once you save, you will see a message that you are required to itemize. Click Yes. When you start the itemizing, you will then see Hotel - Room as an option to enter in the nightly amounts. The expense type Hotel - Room is only available for an itemization.

KevinD_0-1686940989969.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JordanHill1447 I'm looking at your expense report, but you removed all the itemizations so I'm not able to see the messages you described. Can you go back in and itemize the hotel as you did before so I can see exactly what you are seeing, please? Once done, you can reply to this thread.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JordanHill1447

They are itemized now

JordanHill1447

@KevinD Hey there, just wanted to follow up on this

I’ll take a look when I’m back at my computer. I’m not able to access customer sites from my mobile phone. 😄

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@JordanHill1447 try using the expense type highlighted below.

KevinD_0-1686692099089.png

Let me know what happens. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JordanHill1447

@KevinD My apologies for just getting back to you. I don't see an option for "Hotel - Room." When I type in Hotel, these are the only options I get. I had the expense set on Hotel earlier when it was not working.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 12.49.49 PM.png

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JordanHill1447 My screenshot is for itemizing the hotel. You need to create a hotel expense, enter check in/check out dates, Amount, etc. Once you save, you will see a message that you are required to itemize. Click Yes. When you start the itemizing, you will then see Hotel - Room as an option to enter in the nightly amounts. The expense type Hotel - Room is only available for an itemization.

KevinD_0-1686940989969.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
munchdunn

Wen you click itemize, it keeps the "Hotel" expense type from the details page, you have to immediately change it to "Hotel - Room" and you wont get the type not available message, it just started happening recently.