Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Conditional Attendee Requirements

Hello All,

Currently, our Concur setup requires an attendees list for all kinds of meals. However, based on recent changes to CRA requirements, some expenses may not require capturing attendee information.

My question is can we set up an expense type to require attendee information only if some conditions are met? This may be a drop-down field and depending on what the submitter chose, the attendee list may display or not.

Please let me know if you have faced this challenge in your organization and how you have overcome it.

Regards,

Harsha

4 REPLIES 4
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Harsha ,

To be possible, yes, however to be implemented, depending on how your Company is structured, it might be not convenient.

How many policies were being set up within your Concur system? Only 1? More?

How many people are impacted for this CRA requirement? Are the majority of the employees?

This because if your organization set up only 1 policy for the whole group, the change will impact the whole group.

If you have multiple policies, or you might need to add one, for this specific group of people, it will be easier to modify just for them the list of expenses and or requirements.

OR, maybe even easier, but it might be an extra step for the rest of the organization that is not impacted by CRA, to yes implement this dropdown option within the expenses features.. but it will, if only one policy set up within concur, intact the whole organization.

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

Hi @Munari_alEXPert,

Thank you. This impacts all of our employees and we have only 1 policy set up. Could you kindly let me know how this can be set up in Concur?

Regards,

Harsha

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Harsha 

This should be done by the person in charge of the Concur system within your organisation, by first contacting the Account manager of Concur or opening a ticket within Concur support.

It might required for the company an additional cost for the new settings, depending on the contract your company had signed at the start with Concur.  

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
andilillemoen23
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Good Afternoon,

Attendees is not a conditional field to whether it shows or not based on what is in another field.  However, you can write audit rules based off of what is in fields to require attendees if the conditions are met.

If a certain expense type never requires an attendee any longer, it can be removed from the form or made optional if you wanted that options.

Regards,

Andi