cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Concur to S4/HANA Cloud Exchange rate integration - Best Practice Setup

Hi guys,  

Has anyone done an ICS integration for Concur to S4/HANA Cloud and tackled the exchange rate conundrum ?

What is the best practice ?

Obviously Concur has its own exchange rate admin screens which work well.

However, how does this work in practice with S4/HANA ?  Does it have its own similar Exchange rate admin screen and if so, does it work the same way, i.e. source and timing of rates or is another solution or approach recommended ? 

many thanks

cc @KevinD 

2 REPLIES 2
Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @Snell . If we talk about Concur:

The exchange rate source is dependent upon the settings found under Administration > Expense > Currency Admin > Settings. These settings are typically decided at the time of implementation. The Exchange Rate Source drop-down selection within the settings will drive the behavior:

• If Search Local Then External Source is selected, Expense will first look for the client's populated exchange rate table. If no rate table is located, Expense will look for the XE rate.
  • If Use Local Exchange Rates Only is selected, Expense will only look for the client's populated exchange rate table. If no table is found, an exception will fire and the user will be unable to submit reports until the file is imported successfully.
  • If Use External Exchange Rates Only is selected, Expense will only look to the XE rates for the exchange rate.

Andras_1-1725370794434.png

Most clients choose to use the XE exchange rates fed daily (business/weekdays only) into Concur. Exchange rates are used to populate exchange rates for reimbursements on cash advances, cash expenses and travel allowances (depending on each client's settings and configuration). Credit card transactions billed in a currency other than the employee's reimbursement currency will attempt to locate the appropriate exchange rate from the card feed. However, if the rate is not available, the XE exchange rate will be the default.

Clients also have the option of importing their own currency exchange rates. If the client elects to use the Exchange Rates feature, it is their responsibility to ensure the proper rates are imported and maintained.

Note: If the client chooses to import their own file, they must work with Concur to ensure the 
rate feed is prepared correctly and the import is scheduled to run.

If we talk about S4H Cloud, please check this post - How to Maintain Exchange Rates in SAP S/4HANA Clou... - SAP Community.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Andras
SAP Concur

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks Andras,

I'm fully aware of the Concur side of the configuration having configured this many times over the last 6 years.

I'm just new to the S4/HANA Cloud side and how this relationship works.

I'll check your suggested post link.

Thanks