cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishant_tatkar
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur report on expense approval

I want to know how I can get a report from concur through which I can compare how many claims have been automatically approved and how many have gone into manual workflow

8 REPLIES 8
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @nishant_tatkar 

I am unsure of your query, as I don't think there is a possibility to automatically approve reports in Concur, as it would be against any compliance.

Do you mean to see how many expense report have a manual approval workflow adjustment?  If that is the case, I don't think is possible apart maybe see if it was approved by multiple approver, which maybe that would give the answer. 

Please clarify. thank you.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
nishant_tatkar

Hi @Munari_alEXPert 

I want to find out what is the % of claims which were auto-released out of the total count of released claims. Claims upto a certain monetary value are auto-approved and beyond that limit need approval from manager. I want to know how to get that ratio from Concur. 

Thanks

Nishant

dear Nishant,

if you already set up an audit rule that below a certain amount expenses don't need manager approval I would imaging easy to run a report in Cognos with the list of expense reports total  approved amount, during a specific period and with a count formula (in Excel, not Concur) you would get to the %. 

Personally I don't have the access to your system but @KevinD might be able to support you on this.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

@nishant_tatkar I haven't tried building this exact report in Cognos, but I can tell you that the only possible way to get what you are looking for is to build a report in Cognos. Have you used Cognos reporting? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nishant_tatkar

@KevinD : I have not used Cognos here. Actually I new to Concur as well. The aim is to achieve this in BW. Can you tell me how to build the Cognos report or rather the fields that can give me this info. I can then look at how to extract the Cognos report into a file and then load into BW.

@nishant_tatkar I tried to build the report yesterday in Cognos, but wasn't able to get exactly what you were looking for. I'm sure it is possible, but I didn't have enough time to keep working on the report. Trying to explain how to build the report in Cognos would be way too much to type here on the Community. Your best option is to reach out to your company's internal Concur administrator or to your Concur Client Success Manager. We do have a reporting service that will build custom reports for our customers for a fee. You may want to look into this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nishant_tatkar

@KevinD  - Thanks. I dont need the steps to build a COGNOS report. That I can figure out. Is there any way to know which fields or tables might have this info? Even if I get that, I can take a jab at figuring out the next actions.

Nishant

@nishant_tatkar I would start with Report Name, Step and Employee Assigned to Step. 

Step and Employee Assigned to Step are found using this path in the data warehouse: Expense>Expense Reports>Expense Report Workflow Trail. 

There you go. Good luck. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey