cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmoorse
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur paid more than the total in my expense report -- what now?

Due to an error by the hotel restaurant, I had a $119 credit in my expense report to offset being charged when the bartender applied the charge to the wrong room.  This credit was part of the calculation to determine the final total in my expense report, and then Concur paid it a second time, leaving me with a $119 credit on my corporate credit card account.  I can't find a way to speak to a human directly; has anybody had this happen?  What am I supposed to do with this credit?  Reutrn it or enjoy the "bank error in my favor"?  

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pmoorse one thing to note is that SAP Concur isn't making any payments to your company card. SAP Concur is just the system you use that basically tells your company how much to send to the card issuer based on what you submit. Your company is making the payments to the card issuer. 

When I look at your report and the payments, it looks correct to me. It shows that $961 was paid to AMEX. 

When you say, "I don't understand why Concur would have paid it again" what are you referring to? The total payment of $961 or something else? What are you seeing as a double payment? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pmoorse according to what I see in your report totals, your company paid your company card a total of $961. When you add the $44.22 for your mileage, that comes out to $1005.22 total pay out. The system deducted the $119.08 from the total of the report otherwise you would have seen your report total as $1124.30. 

I obviously cannot see your bank statement, but the error would be with the card issuer, not with what your company paid to the card issuer. I would call the number on the back of your company card. SAP Concur would not be able to help with this as all payments to the card are made by your company and all charges go through the card issuer. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
pmoorse
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD   I can try that, but wouldn't the credit card company just be posting the payment received from Concur?  Why would Concur issue a payment for $119.08 more than the authorized total on my expense report in the first place?  The total already factored in the $-119.08 transaction, so I don't understand why Concur would have paid it again.  

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pmoorse one thing to note is that SAP Concur isn't making any payments to your company card. SAP Concur is just the system you use that basically tells your company how much to send to the card issuer based on what you submit. Your company is making the payments to the card issuer. 

When I look at your report and the payments, it looks correct to me. It shows that $961 was paid to AMEX. 

When you say, "I don't understand why Concur would have paid it again" what are you referring to? The total payment of $961 or something else? What are you seeing as a double payment? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey