cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoyceW
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur expense approval workflow

Hi,

I'm the expense processer and company concur file admin, now i have a question on concur report approval workflow. I have changed the default approver for one employee and now the submitted report will pass to the new approver I newly assigned. However after the new approver approved the report, it goes to the next level approval (who is the upper manager of the new approver). Wondering is there any way that the approval workflow only require one level of approval, instead of go to secondary further approval? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoyceW what you are asking is possible, however after looking at your workflows, you probably do not want to make any changes. I looked at your Americas, China and Europe workflows and they all have five approval steps. Most of the steps can be skipped if the report has been limit approved.  This means an approver with an approval amount limit that is high enough has approved the report. My guess is the newly assigned approver didn't have a high enough limit, so the system routed it to someone with a higher limit.

I have to think that those who worked with SAP Concur to implement the site chose this type of workflow for a reason. I wouldn't recommend changing it. Also, workflow changes would likely need to go through SAP Concur anyway.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JoyceW
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Yes i think it should be the new assigned approver dont have enough limit, as we do have another cases only require one step of approval. Could you please advise where can i set up the limit for an authorzied approver? 

Thanks