cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AubreyS
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Mobile App Mirroring Images

I have a user that is experiencing a problem with the Concur Mobile App. When they take a picture with the app, the picture will come out mirrored/flipped so the writing is all backwards.

We've checked mobile app settings, and there doesn't appear to be a setting for image flipping in the app. This didn't happen before, and just started happening in the past week.

Any ideas on how to resolve this for this user?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AubreyS Hello there. This is a known issue that our Dev team is currently working on. Have your user check and see if the Auto-Crop feature in the SAP Concur mobile app is turned on. If so, have them turn it off using the following steps:

1. Login to the Concur mobile app
2. On the menu screen, tap the ExpenseIt or Receipt option.
3.Tap on the auto-crop icon (the paper image at the top of the page second from left) to disable it
Make sure the icon has a backslash. If it does, this means that the feature is disabled.

Let me know if this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AubreyS Hello there. This is a known issue that our Dev team is currently working on. Have your user check and see if the Auto-Crop feature in the SAP Concur mobile app is turned on. If so, have them turn it off using the following steps:

1. Login to the Concur mobile app
2. On the menu screen, tap the ExpenseIt or Receipt option.
3.Tap on the auto-crop icon (the paper image at the top of the page second from left) to disable it
Make sure the icon has a backslash. If it does, this means that the feature is disabled.

Let me know if this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Amy_Folwick
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin, 

I've heard similar reports. Is this widespread? Is there an ETA? Is there something that can be posted on open.concur.com? I'd rather we be pro-active to communicate with our employees, rather than waiting for a lot of help cases. Thank you!

@Amy_Folwick I can't say whether it is widespread or not since I've only seen a few people mention the issue. Our development team did not give an ETA on the fix release. 

Concur Open is for outages only. Since all other functions of the mobile app are working, it wouldn't be something we could list on Concur Open. 

I would suggest putting a message in the Company Notes section of the Concur homepage to let your users know of the issue and provide them the steps (see these in this thread) for turning off the auto-crop feature until the fix is applied. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
OverClaim
New Member - Level 1

Hi,

we have many users with iPhone and iPad that have huge problems with the last versions of the app... Since the crop feature has been released the photos are flipped (mirrored). If they try to deactivate the function the app freeze.

This is unacettable, our users have only mobile devices and it's not so fair tell them to use the web version.

Your R&D dept. should verify this behaviours before release a new version of the mobile app.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OverClaim we are sorry for the inconvenience and I know our R&D team is working on this issue currently. In the meantime, may I suggest that your users take pictures of their receipts by using the iPhone or iPad built in camera app, save the photo to their camera roll, then attach the receipt to their expense by using the Attach via Photo Album option. Since the photo was taken outside the SAP Concur mobile app, the image should not be affected by the auto-crop option and your users do not have to disable the auto-crop option. I know this is one or two extra steps, but I think it will still be easier than trying to use the web version on their phones or iPads. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey