cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kannika_thi
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Expenses- Delegate

During the approver position vacant, can the person who work in place of vacant position approve for Concur expense only without set up them in Workday?

4 REPLIES 4
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @kannika_thi 

I am assuming that your Concur setup will result in an expense report being routed to the line manager from workday. I assume that the expense report determines the approver based on employee profile. If the information is not cleared/ updated when the approver leaves. The report will be routed to the invalid approver. Admin can set a delegate approver for this profile using user administration. Post this, the backup approver should be able to approve as a delegate approver.

Hope this helps.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RBard
New Member - Level 1

Hello,

My issue is a bit different. I need my Manager to approve my expenses. He is currently out of the country (oversight on our parts). He can use his work email but can not access Concur. We assume it is due to not being able to access the server. Is there a way to make another one of my managers a temporary approver? I could get my manager's approval of course.

I see in Concur I can add approvers, but not substitute.

Thank you

kannika_thi
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for your reply, for more clarification I provide an example as :  User A was leaving the org (he has 10 direct report) and user B is the backup during next 3-4 months.  User C is line manager of user A, without no actions the Concur expenses is going to user C for approver.  How can I change the 10 direct report of user A to go to user B for approver  🙂 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kannika_thi setting up delegates is done directly within Concur Expense. You shouldn't need to do anything in Workday.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.