cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdcornish007
Occasional Member - Level 2

Concur Expense Reports, Calendar View

Concur Expense Reports used to have a "Calendar View".  It was a very handy tool for double-checking your expense report and totalizing expenses by dates and types for other reports.  Now it is gone, where did it go?

14 REPLIES 14
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdcornish007 based on our data, this view wasn't not utilized enough to warrant it being available in our new user interface.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sliao4

I agree that is a terrible answer.  There were many of us who used it.  So, I don't know how you determined that not enough people were using it.  And why remove features anyway?  Is it so hard to keep up when it is just a different view of the data?  Please bring it back!!!

sliao4

How do we get this feedback to the Concur product development team?

mdcornish007

That's a terrible answer.  It was a very useful tool, especially for Field Service Engineers who spend 5+ days a week away from their homes to keep the world turning.  Perhaps if people were trained on it's use?  It's like taking one step forward (the new hotel expense entry is a great improvement!), and then two steps back (remove the handiest expense sorting tool in the app).  What will it take to return it?

JLH_313
New Member - Level 1

How can we submit formal feedback to Concur to insist this feature is brought back?

KevinSwan
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@JLH_313 , @mdcornish007@sliao4 Please register for the SAp Customer Influence Program so that you can submit and vote on feature requests. The missing "drag n' drop" feature has just recently been voted for and accepted. See Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com) 

KevinSwan_0-1667820739581.png

sliao4

How do we get this feature put on the items to vote on?  Frankly, requesting this is supposed to save thousands/hundreds of thousands of users' time, not take up more of my time.  So, I'm ok voting on new features, but my focus is to get this feature brought back and question what data Concur is using to remove features.  Heaven forbid other useful features are being eliminated.  Can we vote on those before they are eliminated?  How do we bring this feature back?

lawi227
Occasional Member - Level 1

A seemingly basic and standard feature was stripped away. New user interfaces mean ENHANCED viewing experience and navigation. This is one major step in the wrong direction. I find it hard to believe data was captured every time someone clicked on the calendar view and was analyzed. That was the ONLY view I used month-end to review my financials. So yes, it wasn't critical to submitting expenses but it was VITAL to reviewing expenses monthly or weekly. That is where the real time savings happened. 

mdcornish007

Hello!  SAP-Concur creators, are you in there?  Your customers are speaking.  For every one of us who complains about this there are a thousands more who just mire in frustration.  By removing the calendar view feature you have made your product more difficult to use.  And every extra minute I have to spend in concur is an extra minute I don’t get to spend with my family.  Capisce?

mdcornish007

Hello Everyone who used the calendar view!  Concur has no intention of listening to their customers wants and needs.  BUT look at what I found... A company that does!  It's a competitive product, should I show it to our accounting team?

Expense_Report_Calendar_View.png

@mdcornish007 hello there. Did you take @KevinSwan 's suggestion of submitting an enhancement request through our CEI program? I'm asking because this community is a resource only and not a site where product enhancements are submitted.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mdcornish007

It's not a "product enhancement", it's a product feature that existed before and was removed from the system in July 2022.  All that's required is to turn it back on.  

And yes, I did originally try his link from before and it didn't work.  I can try it again if you'd like.

mdcornish007

Hello All:  I have tried again to access the CEI as suggested, and this time it worked.  Here's the link if anyone else wants to add comments.

Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

@mdcornish007 Glad to see you were able to get it to work.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey