cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Concur Expense Professional - Export Full List of Users and associated field values

Hi,  I've done a number of implementations and usually I import the users list from scratch by just downloading the template, updating it and reimporting.

Silly question, but I've never downloaded the users profiles into a similar spreadsheet, amended them, and then reloaded them back in.

Is there a way to do this ? the download template is usually blank.  I have a customer with 1200 plus users and I need to update them all following a change to the employee user forms.  Rather than taking 3-4 days doing it manually I'd like to achieve this in a few hours !

many thanks

Craig.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Snell I would agree with @rohanpatil. Cognos is the only way to get a full list of users into a spreadsheet. Our professional sites do not populate the import template when you open the template.

I'm curious...for this customer with 1200 plus users, did you use the import template to create these profiles or did someone else create the profiles?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi Craig, @Snell 

Not sure if you have Concur Intelligence. When I needed to do this, I get a report created with required data and then use this to populate the template.

Note: Some fields in the report output may have description instead of code required for the upload. Takes a bit of time first time around. However once you get a hang of it, it takes hardly any time.

Best regards,
Rohan

Snell

Thanks Rohan,  good idea.

@KevinD , do you have any suggestions ? 🙂

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Snell I would agree with @rohanpatil. Cognos is the only way to get a full list of users into a spreadsheet. Our professional sites do not populate the import template when you open the template.

I'm curious...for this customer with 1200 plus users, did you use the import template to create these profiles or did someone else create the profiles?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Snell

@KevinD , thank you.  I hope one day they will allow us to export the users direct from the site so that we can amend and import quickly.

I was not in attendance at implementation, but I believe the user figure started off just over half that figure and has just grown over time. 

Thank you for your reply as always.  Good to know your here.  🙂

alaindustries
New Member - Level 1

Craig,

I don't know if you have the same options, but when I follow the path below, I export a file with the existing users.

Administration>Expense Settings>User Accounts>Add Users>From Spreadsheet>Export

Hope this helps.

Bill

Snell

Hey Bill, thanks for your note 🙂

I'm referring to the Professional Edition of Concur which is very different to the Standard Edition you are referring to.  Unfortunately, the Professional/Premium Edition does not have the same import / export functionality and so Implementation Consultants like me have to use a bespoke Cognos report as mentioned in the previous comments.

have a great day ! 🙂

Craig.