cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameijer
Occasional Member - Level 1

Company new to Concur: I don't see any expenses. Am I set up properly yet?

I used Concur in my previous job and started with this company a few months ago. We had a training on Concur and we are supposed to be "live" at the moment.

However, when I take a photo of the receipt with the app, I am not asked to verify the total charge (as I was when I last used the app with the old company. I was then prompted to select whether I wanted to start a "new expense" or put it in the receipt gallery/store/whatever. I never experienced this before.

I have Expense Assistant turned on - which IIRC - means that Concur should auto-start a new report for me each month and started matching receipts to expenses.

Whether I'm using the app or desktop (Chrome) version, I do not see any credit card charges listed. I see all my June receipts uploaded in the gallery, though.

Does this mean we are simply not "live" yet?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ameijer a couple of questions for you to help me better understand how your company is using SAP Concur and better answer your questions about the app.

1. When you open the app to take a picture of the receipt, what does the icon on the app home screen say? It will be a camera icon. What is the camera icon labeled as? 

2. Are you using a corporate credit card for your expenses? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ameijer

@KevinD - Thank you for responding and I apologize for not getting back sooner!

1. When I open the app, There are two icons in the blue bar at the bottom: A camera icon that says "Receipt" below it and a "+" symbol with the word "Expense" below it.

2. Yes, we are using a corporate card for expenses.

Am I correct that if I have Expense Assistant turned on, that it should automatically start a new monthly report and matching receipts?  I THINK that any receipt in my Receipt Gallery" will NOT be pulled in automatically - only the new receipts (once everything is working fine).

Thank you,

Alan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ameijer since your camera icon says Receipt, this will only capture receipt images. These images will not be automatically added to an expense report nor will they be automatically matched to your corporate card transactions. Expense Assistant will automatically create expense reports when the first corporate card transaction for that month uploads into your profile. All subsequent card transactions with a transaction date within that month will be auto-added to this system generated report. However,  you will still need to match or attach your captured receipts to these corporate card transactions.

We do have a feature that will auto-match receipts and card transactions, but it doesn't sound like your company has purchased that feature.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ameijer

I am familiar with the auto-matching of receipts and card transactions. This is what I feared - that we had not purchased a certain feature. Very frustrating as it will make this much more tedious - more tedious than just taking a picture and sending the receipts in like we had before.

I have yet to see a credit card transaction so far into July but I'll keep waiting on that.

Thanks for your help.