cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianZ1
Occasional Member - Level 2

Company Billed Statements (CBS) - Requirement for bank account information

Good morning - We recently implemented Concur CBS and some of our card holders recently had a Concur profile created in connection with this rollout.  When these new users (who'll only be submitting CBS Expense reports and never a T&E expense report) are submitting their CBS expense report, an exception has been identified and is requiring these users update their banking information on their Concur profile in order to submit the report.  

Question for those with CBS; is this a common requirement?  Since these users will only be submitting CBS Expense reports (and not T&E reports), they'll never need to be reimbursed.  If that's the case, why would they need to provide banking information?  

1 Solution
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

When we implemented CBS, we added a condition to our banking audit rule so that Pcard holders would not have to enter their banking information (since cash expenses are not allowed in our CBS implementation and it sounds like yours is the same). 

JessicaL_0-1632769504768.png

We use this to customize many of our audit rules to separate the T&E Policy with the Pcard Policy. Hope this is clear, but if not, please send me a private message.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulianZ1 Hello there. I wouldn't say this is a CBS requirement. Your company is using our Expense Pay service. This is for reimbursing users for any out of pocket expenses they might enter. When Expense Pay is turned on, SAP Concur will usually activate a couple of audit rules that will require users to enter bank account information. That is what is causing this message to appear for your users. So, if those employees with P-Cards will never have an out of pocket expense, then you could adjust the conditions of the audit rule to exclude all of these users. If there is a chance these employees will have some out of pocket expenses at some point, then they will have to have the bank info entered. If you were just to deactivate these audit rules, you would then run into reimbursement issues for any employee that has out of pocket expenses that didn't enter their bank info. They wouldn't receive any reimbursement for these expenses because the system wouldn't know where to send the direct deposit. 

There is a third alternative...if these employees might have an out of pocket expense at some point and you don't want to have them enter bank info because it will be rare occasions for them to have out of pocket expenses, then you could set up a batch for these users that doesn't use Expense Pay as the reimbursement method. You would also have to create and Expense group specific for this group of employees. In fact, the Expense group would need to be set up first, all the employees with the P-Card that will never have T&E expenses assigned to this group. Then when setting up the Batch, you choose a reimbursement method that is not Expense Pay and make this method available for this new Expense Group only. Likely, you would need SAP Concur to do this, as Group creation is not a permission we grant to customers if they haven't completed the Advanced Configuration training class. 

I hope this all makes sense. If you want to just exclude the P-Card users from the audit rule, you would need to probably create a custom field that is used for the P-Card users only, something like P-Card User? that would appear on the employee profile screen. It could simply be a checkbox. That way in the audit rule the condition could be set to Employee>P-Card User? Equals No. That way the rule would apply to only the users who do not have this new field of P-Card User? checked. 

Adding a new custom field likely would need to be done by SAP Concur. Adjusting the audit rule can be done by someone at your company with site admin permissions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JulianZ1

Hi Kevin - Thanks for your detailed input.  Referencing Jessica's response below, I was able to have Concur resolve my issue but you provided great detail and appreciate the insight into some of the potential solutions for resolving our issue.  

Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

When we implemented CBS, we added a condition to our banking audit rule so that Pcard holders would not have to enter their banking information (since cash expenses are not allowed in our CBS implementation and it sounds like yours is the same). 

JessicaL_0-1632769504768.png

We use this to customize many of our audit rules to separate the T&E Policy with the Pcard Policy. Hope this is clear, but if not, please send me a private message.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
JulianZ1

Hi Jessica - Thanks for providing this as an example.  Using your guidance above, the Concur rep was able to adjust the rules and allow users to submit PCard reports w/out having account information populated in their profile.  Thanks again!