cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhanlon01
Occasional Member - Level 1

Commute check box

When entering my work related mileage, my company wants us to deduct mileage for commuting. A video shows the check box for commute at the very bottom of the trip route info but my app doesn't have it. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhanlon01 Hello there. I did a little digging around. Your company has not enabled the Allow Deduction option, so while they say they require it, they haven't given you the option to enter your commute and have it automatically deduct from the mileage. You will have to manually do this. This could just be a small oversight on the Concur Admins at your company as it is an easy option to miss. I would figure out what your commute mileage is then just subtract that from the mileage that gets calculated. Each expense entry has a comment field. Use this field to state that you deducted your commute. 

Let me know how this works out after you submit your report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhanlon01 Hello there. I did a little digging around. Your company has not enabled the Allow Deduction option, so while they say they require it, they haven't given you the option to enter your commute and have it automatically deduct from the mileage. You will have to manually do this. This could just be a small oversight on the Concur Admins at your company as it is an easy option to miss. I would figure out what your commute mileage is then just subtract that from the mileage that gets calculated. Each expense entry has a comment field. Use this field to state that you deducted your commute. 

Let me know how this works out after you submit your report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.