cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Cognos Report showing Credit Card Number

Does anyone know if you can see the full credit card number within the Cognos reporting module?  WE are getting ready to implement an AMEX card feed into Concur but our local finance team needs to see the full expense amounts per credit card number from concur so they can allocate the amounts to the card and to ensure there is a 100% accuracy, full card numbers are needed

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thomas,

Cognos will not show the full credit card number. I believe for security reasons. In fact, in my 11 years at SAP Concur, the only time I have ever seen a full credit card number for a corporate card is when I was entering my card on my travel profile. After that, only the last 4 digits are accessible. Cognos does have an option for Last Four Account Digits to report on. 

I don't believe you can have corporate cards with the same last 4 digits, so this should still be good enough to uniquely identify the employee and the amounts per card. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thomas,

Cognos will not show the full credit card number. I believe for security reasons. In fact, in my 11 years at SAP Concur, the only time I have ever seen a full credit card number for a corporate card is when I was entering my card on my travel profile. After that, only the last 4 digits are accessible. Cognos does have an option for Last Four Account Digits to report on. 

I don't believe you can have corporate cards with the same last 4 digits, so this should still be good enough to uniquely identify the employee and the amounts per card. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cesnjuli
Occasional Member - Level 3

Accounting department should rely on unique credit card transaction ID available in credit card statement and credit card feed and not credit card number itself. I'm sure internal controls, Concur and Amex wouldn't be happy if credit card numbers gets leaked, so be very very careful with exposing this data in any report.