cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C258118
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cognos 11 Upgrade - anyone?

My company has recently updated to Cognos 11 and having numerous issues. Anyone experience the same?

29 REPLIES 29
Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

@KevinD We continue to have issues with Cognos 11, have a ticket submitted and cannot seem to obtain the help needed for full resolution.  We use bursting AND scheduled reporting to manage our overall program.  In short the issue is some emails are delivered to the inbox while other's are delivered to junk. 

The email sender IP used by Concur for scheduled reports in the recent past was “ mail12.concursolutions.com (12.129.29.143) “ and did not send scheduled reports to the recipients Junk Folder

When Concur upgraded reporting for us to Cognos 11 on June 13 2022, the email sender IP used by Concur for scheduled reports changed to “us2-mail.concursolutions.com (52.24.113.83)” which is resulting in many scheduled reports going to the Junk Folder and not the intended Inbox.

We are trying to determine if it's possible for Concur to use the previous email sender IP mail12.concursolutions.com (12.129.29.143) to send our scheduled reports instead of the current one of us2-mail.concursolutions.com (52.24.113.83) ?

The previous email sender IP used by Concur sent out email headers with a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) of “Neutral” without issue.
Authentication-Results: spf=neutral (sender IP is 12.129.29.143)

The current email sender IP used by Concur sends out email headers with a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) of “softfail” with issues.
Authentication-Results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 52.24.113.83)

Is spf=neutral better then spf=softfail for receiving intended emails and reports?  This is becoming a BIG issue for us.  Again, we use bursting for several communications, policy reminders, scheduled reports, etc....  We NEED this resolved ASAP.

Is anyone else having the same issue?  Are you aware this is happening?  Have you given up????

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arntzie I won't be of much help, but I'm emailing my Reporting guys for help. Do you have the help ticket case number? I'm sure they will ask for it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

Thank you!  Case #19302004.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arntzie my Reporting people have sent the case to R&D to get the suggested fix implemented. Not sure on the time frame though. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

We really need resolution!  We are prepping to send a communication via bursting to our population regarding the switch to the NextGen Concur UI.  If our comms lands in the junk folder it's going to result in some very frustrated associates and an increase in e-mails/calls to my team.  This switch has already generated an extensive amount of rework for my team to validate and review all our of reports.  Definitely not something we expected nor something we were prepared for.  

kalexander
Occasional Member - Level 1

Since the Cognos 11 upgrade, I continually get the error message DPR-ERR-2107 The User Capabilities Cache cookie cannot be decoded which has yet to be resolved. I only have a short window when I first log into Concur in the morning to run reports before the error message kicks me out for the rest of the day. My IT team and Concur Support have bot been contacted and cannot resolve the program. I have tried all of the suggestions from Concur and switched browsers to no avail.

Is there a way to witch back to Cognos 10 until the bugs in 11 are worked out?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kalexander I've sent a message to two of my reporting contacts. I'll let you know what they say. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kalexander my contact said to clear your browser cache and cookies. To avoid this in the future, you should be sure to sign out of Cognos 11 and not just close the tab. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
kalexander
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin. Thank you for replying. I always log of Cognos and clear my cache/cookies at the end of the day. The issue is still happening which s holding me up from doing work. Have you heard if there is a deeper issue, perhaps in the back office of Concur that I need to address?