cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KonaEV
Occasional Member - Level 2

Claiming for EV mileage

Hi all, I'm due to receive me next company car a Kona EV and I cant seem to find much information on what counts as a receipt. I will charge from home and pay the electricity by direct debit, I've contacted support and I'm just told a "valid receipt is needed".

Does anyone here already claim for EV mileage? or has a idea of what I can use as a valid receipt, I can show a statement showing a payment has been made on the bill, is that enough?

Thx

Stephen

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KonaEV this is a question best answered by someone at your company because they will know the policy of what is acceptable as far as a receipt is concerned. People here on the Community can offer advice, but it is only based on what their company allows, which might be different from what your company allows. 

I'll send you two names of people at your company you can ask. I'll send in a private message. Check the little envelope icon near the upper right. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KonaEV this is a question best answered by someone at your company because they will know the policy of what is acceptable as far as a receipt is concerned. People here on the Community can offer advice, but it is only based on what their company allows, which might be different from what your company allows. 

I'll send you two names of people at your company you can ask. I'll send in a private message. Check the little envelope icon near the upper right. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KonaEV

Thank you for your swift reply and for the DM 😁, was not sure who to ask

Thx

Stephen

KonaEV

So it turns out the answer is to put it through as "no receipt" and put "Electric car" in notes and it go's through no issues, done 4 claims so far 🙂 

GreatSnoring

I am looking at buying an EV but on our expenses I can only select Diesel or Petrol, how do you go about getting EV added to your dropdown list?

@GreatSnoring your company does have Electric as a car type. If you go to the Personal Car Registration page where you registered your vehicle, there is an engine size/fuel type field. In this drop down you can select electric. That way when you purchase your EV, you will add this to your profile. When doing your expenses, you will be able to select this car as the engine type when adding a mileage expense to your expense report.

KevinD_0-1661266423798.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
GreatSnoring

Thats great, many thanks for your speedy response

AHMcNeill
Occasional Member - Level 1

I've done all of that but get the alert etc. about submitting a fuel receipt. Fortunately most charge places in Scotland are free but I know there will come a time I will have one to submit. Only option is 'Petrol or Diesel', any way we can get SAP to add Electric as an option...!?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AHMcNeill Electric is certainly an option to be available, it is a matter of your company making it available to you or not. If you look at my response in this thread to @GreatSnoring you'll see a screenshot from our product of Electric being an option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
AHMcNeill
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD So my Car is saved as an EV and that's what I do when I claim mileage but I get the following message:

AHMcNeill_1-1664264484358.png

The issue is then the 'fuel for mileage' which does not have an option for electric, only Petrol Diesel...

AHMcNeill_2-1664264829937.png

Thanks,

Andrew

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AHMcNeill you might want to consider using the Mileage expense type rather than Fuel for Mileage, since you didn't really buy fuel. Your company does have mileage rates set up specifically for EVs. The idea for mileage expense types is to reimburse employees for using their car. For regular vehicles, the reimbursement is to cover wear and tear on the car. I would think that for EVs the mileage reimbursement would include helping to cover the cost of charging. This expense type does not require a receipt. You do, however, need to enter the distance you drove. 

Give that a try.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey