cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaS86
Occasional Member - Level 2

Claim Library - New Expense UI

I've started using the preview of the New Expense UI for just myself. Aside from the expected slowness and lagging of the site iteself, I'm generally happy with the new appearance and feature changes. The loss of "icons" will be a challenge, especially with obtaining all the useful 3rd party data attached to credit card transactions....but that's another topic altogther.

The purpose of my post is feedback in regards to the Claim/Report Library and the ability to view the expense report history. The "View" options have changed; you can no longer choose to view "All Claims". I use the claim library everyday for several different reasons. Whether it's reconciling a corporate card balance for a terminated employee or looking for a history of personal expenses, the claim library is an exceptional tool. 

In the new Expense UI, to view reports older than 90 days, you now need to enter a date range. I don't know how far back I need to go with each employee, so having the option to quickly view all of their past claims is extremely helpful. I understand that if I input a date prior to the year we implemented Concur, it will pull up the entire history, but the ease of doing it one click saves me a ton of time.

It sounds like such a small issue, but I am the only administrator and expense report auditor for over 3500 employees....so literally every second counts.

I'm interested to know if anyone feels the same or have discovered an easier way to pull up an employees entire report history?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Lisa Sturrock
Volkswagen Group
Expense Report Administrator and Auditor
11 REPLIES 11
alessin11
Occasional Member - Level 2

I completely agree that this should be added as an option, and hopefully this would be simple to implement. I've seen others request this as well.

Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, @LisaS86 and @alessin11,

Thank you both (all) for describing the impact and importance of this functionality on your workflow.

I'm still looking into both the design and technical history of this particular feature.

I should have a substantive answer for you soon!

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello @Jody

Was there a solution for this particular issue? I have been reading all of the information Concur is sending us, but when I'm in the new UI, I still can't choose "All Claims". 

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, @JessicaL (and @jocelynfleur)--

Concur Expense enables end users to view expense reports from the current year, previous year, or within a custom date range. The custom date range option allows you to view all of your own claims, if necessary.

We understand that approvers and processors have different workflows and need different functionality to make Expense work for them, which is why we are continuing to design a new UI for expense approvers and expense processors.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

@Jody,

To confirm, there will be no "All Claims" button the employee can select. They need to choose custom date range and fill in a date before their Concur account was set up to see all? This is one example of things being made more difficult for the employee. 

And while I understand that they are working on the new UI for approvers, it is hard to see past the added steps for the employee as the training documents are going to be that much more complicate.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

This is not a feature we need in processor or in the approver queue - none of these messages refer to those functions.

This is something we all use regularly and need in Proxy.

Could you tell us the reason that this was removed from Proxy?

And with this clarification that we need it in Proxy - will it be added back?

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

All--

I have shared your feedback on this subject with the design team.

I understand how important it is that Concur Expense support the workflows that help you (and other users at your company) get the work done as efficiently as possible. 

The best way to move this discussion forward would be for each of you to complete the general feedback form, and write in story form an example of exactly what you (or your users) are trying to achieve. For example:

"When I am using Concur Expense as a proxy, I need to be able to _______ so that I can ________."

I understand that you have already shared feedback in many ways, and I hope you will continue to do so. But by submitting your feedback in this way, the design team is able to more clearly understand your workflow.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
jocelynfleur
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Lisa,

I will be in the same position as you. I have no idea when employees start and as you know they leave just as quickly.

As for losing icons and credit card information that will not work for us. It is especially useful for flight information.

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

We agree.

I was in the beta group and this issue was  agreed on and reported by that group.

Many issues reported in beta have been resolved.  I've been puzzled why this issue was  not addressed. 

It seems like it would be a simple change but it must not be.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
KimW
Occasional Member - Level 3

I completely agree.  In addition, I also use the Claim Library to determine which expense reports include personal expenses when reconciling Concur accounts to corporate card balances by doing a quick scan of the Report Total vs. Requested Amount.  I don't see the Requested Amount column in the new UI?  I find the Requested Amount column saves me quite a bit of research time.  Any chance this can be added to the new UI?  

jocelynfleur
Routine Member - Level 1

This definitely needs to be in the new UI. I use this all the time as well.