cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtbermuda
Occasional Member - Level 1

Change account personal expenses (do not reimburse)

We have updated our chart of accounts and need to change where expenses marked as "Personal Expense (do not reimburse)" are mapped to in the GL. 

Where is this mapping contained as don't think it is part of the expense types?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtbermuda so, I asked someone about this. If your company credit card is setup as CBCP (Company Billed, Company Paid), then on the Payment Types (Administration>Expense>Payment Types) screen, you will see a Clearing Account code column. This would be the GL Code that gets applied to those company card expenses marked as personal and on the Accounting Extract file, those expenses will show the clearing account code as the GL Code. 

This only shows on the Accounting Extract if the company card is setup as CBCP. If your card isn't setup that way, then those expenses marked as personal will not show at all on the Accounting Extract. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

I believe the path you are looking for is:

Admin --> Expense --> Expense Admin --> Accounting Administration

However, you may not have the correct permissions to alter this. If not, you will have to submit a Concur Support Ticket and have them update this for you.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
jtbermuda

thanks, but think that is for when you have an expense type for personal expenses? In our case we still select an expense type (i.e. hotels) but then select the checkbox for personal expenses. Is this a system setting to change this account? or could be on the interface to our GL? 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtbermuda so, I asked someone about this. If your company credit card is setup as CBCP (Company Billed, Company Paid), then on the Payment Types (Administration>Expense>Payment Types) screen, you will see a Clearing Account code column. This would be the GL Code that gets applied to those company card expenses marked as personal and on the Accounting Extract file, those expenses will show the clearing account code as the GL Code. 

This only shows on the Accounting Extract if the company card is setup as CBCP. If your card isn't setup that way, then those expenses marked as personal will not show at all on the Accounting Extract. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jtbermuda

Thanks that worked although we had to get Concur support to make the changed as we didn't have access. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it worked. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin - can you post the link to the documentation on this? We are CBCP, and we already have the Personal box, but to date we've had to do a lot of chasing down to get repayment for these expenses. I am now looking into how to build a export file (or manipulate the one we have) to be able to somehow connect to our payroll system to have this amount deducted from the associate's pay.  I'm sure there must be a way to do it as we currently pay out for cash expenses incurred like mileage and out of pocket. Any documentation from start to finish related to this subject would be appreciated.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmakai I don't have the documentation off hand, but you should be able to contact your CSP at SAP Concur to get help with this.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

Thanks Kevin - I posted on another thread too that I saw related to this topic - it seems nothing is as simple as it should be! 😉

AP_CLERK
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

I'm in a similar situation, but it looks like the error is coming up for an expense we had to list as "Company Paid" because the card charge didn't upload to Concur.

AP_CLERK_0-1688412417991.png

Was that pathway you mentioned still the same for this scenario? If so, what if I don't see "Payment Types" under Admin>Expense?

AP_CLERK_1-1688412506278.png

Thank you,

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AP_CLERK based on your permissions, Payment Types should be there.  I see one of your colleagues also has the same permissions as you, can you check with her to see if she sees Payment Types?

Without putting her full name, her initials are: M.M. 🙂

Let me know if she doesn't see Payment Types either.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey