cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakshmi
New Member - Level 1

Cash Advance Best practices

Hello, I have come across some blogs in SDN community suggesting not to use cash advance functionality. I couldn't find any documentation suggesting that in Concur. Is that Concur recommendation? If yes, what is the alternative suggested? Do you have any best practices around this?

Please advise.  

3 REPLIES 3
ChadM
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hello, @lakshmi

In my work with customers, I've found that "it depends." There are some organizations or industries that have policies to not do cash advances; then there are other organizations that do allow them due to the nature of the work of their employees and where they go (for one example - employees who travel to more rural/remote areas where corporate cards may not be an option). 

I'm interested to hear how other members of the community handle cash advances and the reasoning behind their policies (even the unique exceptions!). 

Thanks,
Chad Minnick
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @lakshmi 

It all depends on the customer's company policy. Here in the Middle East, Most companies do not use corporate credit cards, thus traveler can have the option to request their Per Diems (as Cash Advance) before their trip. 

sgayathri
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Lakshmi,

The requirement varies from company to company, however cash advance can be provided with the minimal value per day, to ensure Employees have some amount of cash in hand while travelling to different countries. Few Small Merchents in many countries accept only cash and hence in such cases Cash advance will be the feasible option.

Gayathri S