Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Occasional Member - Level 3

Card Transaction Handling for Former Employees

We have a process we use when an employee who has a corporate T&E and/or PCard leaves the company. Part of that process has always been to process a report or reports to clear any remaining card transactions. In the case where the transactions are business-related, we prepare a report and send it to the manager for approval. There are times, though, where the only transactions remaining are categorized as personal (against our policy, but it happens...) or net to zero when placed on a report. Because the reports created ask for manager and processor approval for $0.00, we are weighing whether to User Hide these card transactions rather than process them on reports, the goal being saving per/report fees.


What do you to clear former employees' Concur accounts of their corporate card transactions? I would be interested to hear.

SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @KayPellack


Thanks for posting!


This thread might be helpful: There were quite a few responses that could provide some insight here. 


I also look forward to hearing from your fellow community members on this topic. Any tips to share?

Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Frequent Member - Level 1

Unless it is an abrupt departure, we push the employee to submit all of their outstanding card transactions on a Concur report prior to their departure date and also discourage them using their corporate card during their notice period.  For any transactions still outstanding after they leave we will get a delegate/admin to submit a Concur report for these. 


We would do this even if they net to zero or the transactions are personal, just to clear the slate in Concur.  Our cards are Company Billed Company Paid (CBCP) so for personal expenses we would make the call whether to write off the amount in our accounting system or pursue the ex-employee for reimbursement.