cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Car Mileage over 5000KM

Team,

Can you confirm  if we have any reporting shows the mileage distance 5000Km and over 5000 KM for Taxation purpose. This is required for one of our Australian customer.

where i can find the highlighted field in Cognos to build report

Karthikhemadri_0-1654175246818.png

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri I don't believe that specific data item exists in the data warehouse. 

You would need to build a report with these data items:

Employee Name

Report Name

Expense Type (filter this to only show Personal Car Mileage or whatever your mileage expense type is called)

Transaction Date (create a filter to only show mileage expenses for the specified time period)

Business Distance

You could then group the report by Employee and Report Name. This would accumulate a total for the KMs for you. That is if you use Query Studio to build the report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD 

I tried this report, which give me accumulated miles for an employee without adding the Initial distance loaded in user profile.

is there a data object to get initial distance from user profile?

@Karthikhemadri I do not believe the initial starting odometer reading entered by the employee is in the data warehouse. In my opinion, that really shouldn't have any bearing on reporting. The most important thing is the mileage/kilometers the employee is asking to be reimbursed for. The starting reading shouldn't really matter since the system is accumulating the employees' totals as they go.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD  yes you are right if we are starting at the 1st day of financial year.

however, we are importing initial distance for a new client to concur. The initial distance is not the actual odometer however it the year to date distance of business travel. So we need these details to accumulate the mileage distance to check if it is over 5000 KM or not.

The filed I highlighted in the screen shot provided will gives you the information, however i need those details in a report to extract on periodically.

@Karthikhemadri so to make sure I understand...you have a client who has somehow recorded their employees' starting odometer reading and you are going to import that initial reading into user profiles? Then you want to be able to use Cognos to see what the odometer initial reading that was imported in to all the user profiles? 

Did I get that right?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD Yes. We have a client onboarding in mod of the financial year where we need to enter distance to date (claimed form other expense solution) as initial distance in Concur.

we need a Cognos report to validate that all the initial distance is updated as expected also the same report (modified) will be used to check if the mileage distance is over 5000 KM or not for the current FY.

@Karthikhemadri I did a search in the Data Warehouse and there isn't any data item for Initial Distance. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD thank you we are on same page then.

do you have any idea if we have a standard report on downloading car mileage expenses over certain KM's.

@Karthikhemadri I have not seen a standard report of this type. It isn't a difficult report to build. From the accumulated mileage report you built, just do a filter to only show greater than 5000KM. That will show only those that have gone over 5000km for this year or whatever year you are looking at.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey