cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelseyraffo
Occasional Member - Level 1

Car Mileage - Company Card

I'm wondering how different companies manage car mileage with a corporate credit card. 

We are looking to introduce credit cards to our employees but need to understand how we split the cost for personal miles and business miles. 

Our policy only allows business miles to be reclaimed. 

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Kelseyraffo ,

Since I was not sure about company card, I was checking articles. Below article is similar to your issue where they have confirmed for any mileage related expense type payment type will be always cash. 

Also, payment type field will always be read only for any mileage related expense type. I tried into my system as well and found the same behavior, meaning payment type field is read only.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728633656145.png

if this answers your query then please mark solution as accepted. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
Kelseyraffo
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thankyou Pooja for taking the time to reply. 

Unfortunately I don't think this will help as if they employee spends on their credit card the transaction is feed into concur for the employee to match against the expense type. 

Many thanks 

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Kelseyraffo ,

I know if employee spend using company card then card transactions will get imported to Concur and then employee needs to select expense type. But, as given in article if mileage expense type is not appearing in expense type list then what will you do?

In that case, I think, you need to create custom expense type (ex. personal car) and then user can manually select newly created personal car expense type from the drop down list and other standard fields such as transaction date, payment type, amount field etc. will get auto populated from the card transaction.

If you go with custom expense type then there will be no system restriction and challenge.  This is only solution I can think of. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja