cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadbarber71
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cannot view images in Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser.

When creating a SAP Concur Travel Expense and uploading images of receipts,  users cannot view the images within the browser,  A box with the following text is displayed:

PDF reader has been disabled in Microsoft Edge

If you want to open the file instead of downloading it:

1. Go to Settings > Site Permissions > PDF Documents.
2. Turn off Always open PDF files externally and refresh this page.

That is what the text says, however the small box is not entirely viewable as its very small and cannot be resized as shown in the right side of the image below

chadbarber71_0-1635879176230.png

If we set the Edge Browser to be the default pdf viewer, the images display correctly in the main window of Concur, however this is not desirable since our users have many other pdf’s to view or print using Adobe products and Edge would limit those abilities.

We are trying to get this working since Internet Explorer is EOL Dec 2021 and will no longer be supported in our environment.....

Is there a suitable workaround or will this be address within the Edge Browser?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chadbarber71 I had this issue with Chrome, but instead of making Chrome the default viewer there is an option to tell the browser to automatically view PDFs instead of downloading them. I didn't have to make Chrome the default viewer for PDFs, but just went into the browser settings and changed it to automatically view. I'm sure Edge has the same option without making it the default viewer for PDFs. I don't know the actual setting since I don't use Edge, but you can probably google it. 

Good luck and let me know if you were able to get it changed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chadbarber71 I had this issue with Chrome, but instead of making Chrome the default viewer there is an option to tell the browser to automatically view PDFs instead of downloading them. I didn't have to make Chrome the default viewer for PDFs, but just went into the browser settings and changed it to automatically view. I'm sure Edge has the same option without making it the default viewer for PDFs. I don't know the actual setting since I don't use Edge, but you can probably google it. 

Good luck and let me know if you were able to get it changed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
chadbarber71
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes, this did work in Edge as well.  In settings,  under Default Browser, and click Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge and add the URL domain that needs to open.  Restart Edge and it seems to be working.

Thanks

@chadbarber71 Nice. Glad to hear it. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey