cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheryllking
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cannot submit expense report because of missing data in report header

I created an expense report and added my expense (personal mileage), but I cannot submit the expense report because it says I have missing data in the report header. When I take the link in the error message to fix the issue in the report header, the missing field is literally missing...not on the screen...I am not ABLE to fill it out. The missing data is the "Travel / Event City". I found if I changed my selection for the "Report Category" from "Conference/Tradeshow (Customer/Client related travel)" to "Conference/Tradeshow (Non-Customer/Non-Client related travel)", then the "Travel / Event City" field magically appears. No other selection for the "Report Category" causes that field to appear on the screen. How can I select the correct "Report Category" and be able to fill in the evidently required "Travel / Event City" field?

10 REPLIES 10
ejohn2
New Member - Level 1

I fill out an Expense Report almost every week with Customer/Client Related Travel and it NEVER has asked me for Travel/Event City but this week it IS requiring it and there is NO Travel/Event City field to fill in...same as you are seeing

tdurniak

you are not alone ,... same here .... appears to be an application error.....

JoeJunker
New Member - Level 1

me too.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I see that all three of you work for the same company, so I'm going to say that it isn't an application error, but likely a change made to your company's site configuration. I did look and your site admin as notified SAP Concur and submitted a support ticket, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
spharand

Hi KevinD, I have exactly the same problem. It is asking me for travel/City of the event and there is literally no field where I can enter the requested information. Please help!!!

mhermanc-amgen1
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello Kevin,

This is still a pending issue for us and we had received notification from our Select Care Manager : Another SCM just reported that two of her clients are experiencing similar issues, we are working to get this raised to R&D as we speak.  This does appear to be a bigger issue and they are continuing to research for resolution.  

Respectfully

mhermanc-amgen1
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello,

This is something that is affecting our company as well on both Statement Reports and Expense Reports.  I have had a case opened since 4/11 and as of yesterday it was being escalated to R&D for further investigation. We also did receive confirmation that it is happening to multiple clients.

Hope this helps. 

spharand

Miracle!!! It is fix today!!  But why in the firt place this happen?????

cheryllking

It is now working for me as well. Glad it is fixed. Thank you whomever made that happen.

tdurniak

I've confirmed that it is fixed now - I had to go into the header again to add the data.

I did have 1 expense that showed additional errors with the financial information that refused to clear - I just gave up and deleted that expense and started fresh and everything worked fine. The nuance of an Application error or configuration error is lost upon mere end users who could not get their expense reports submitted - bottom line a change was made, not properly tested and the error escaped to the field.  Now if someone could just figure out how to figure out that people take the NYC subway  multiple times a day and that they are not a duplicate charge.....