cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinu
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cancelled trip - how do I close the expense for Airfare recovered

I booked a flight for a business trip that was cancelled. I recovered 90% of airfare. How should I close the 10% difference? Should I make a transfer from my personal account? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dinu Okay, so you should have seen a company card charge for 163EUR and another for -147EUR. Both of those should be added to the same expense report. As for the 16EUR difference, it was still paid for by your company, so it might just be that the company covers that amount. You shouldn't pay out of your own personal account for an expense that is business related. I would suggest speaking to your direct manager about this. Different companies handle these types of situations in various ways, so I couldn't really say what your company's policy is for this scenario.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dinu was the airfare purchased on a company credit card? Also, why was only 90% recovered? The 90% was a refund for the flight? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Dinu

Yes, it was purchased on company card. I payed 163€ and the refund was 147€.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dinu Okay, so you should have seen a company card charge for 163EUR and another for -147EUR. Both of those should be added to the same expense report. As for the 16EUR difference, it was still paid for by your company, so it might just be that the company covers that amount. You shouldn't pay out of your own personal account for an expense that is business related. I would suggest speaking to your direct manager about this. Different companies handle these types of situations in various ways, so I couldn't really say what your company's policy is for this scenario.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Dinu

@KevinD Thank you